Attempting 61.5 Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I have a 811 rcvr hooked up to a Dish 500 with a Dish Pro dual LNB (one cable coming to the rcvr for 110 & 119-internal switch).

I got another Dish 500 with a "Y" bracket and plumbed the pipe, set the skew to 0 degrees and set the azimuth & elevation per the dish site.

I brought my old 5000 receiver to the roof along with a small tv. I couldn't get any signal at all, and about the point where I started slowly moving the dish left to right, my back went out :(.

Now that I've got all the crap off the roof and waiting until I recover, I'm thinking that maybe I blew it trying to use a Dish Pro single LNB to pass a signal to a model 5000 receiver.

So, would I get a signal with the DP and the 5000, or would I need a DP adapter to have it work?

I do have the dual legacy LNBs that worked with the 5000. Maybe I need to put one in the other open spot on the "Y" bracket and set it up with that? I'm thinking that might work if I removed the legacy lnb after getting a signal and putting the DP lnb into the side of the Y where it locked on.

I'm sure not gonna take my 811 up there as it is working great.

Also, is there any certain transponder to set it on in setup when trying to align? I have a DP21 switch to use after I get the signal locked in without a switch to hook up the three satellites.

Looks like this may be put off until Spring now.. :(

Any W. Mass installers out there?

Dave

DaveO said:
I got another Dish 500 with a "Y" bracket and plumbed the pipe, set the skew to 0 degrees and set the azimuth & elevation per the dish site.

I think you mean 90. 90 would keep the LNB arm level

Now that I've got all the crap off the roof and waiting until I recover, I'm thinking that maybe I blew it trying to use a Dish Pro single LNB to pass a signal to a model 5000 receiver.

So, would I get a signal with the DP and the 5000, or would I need a DP adapter to have it work?

DishPro doesnt work with a legacy receiver. Legacy receivers are 4 digit model numbers (a 5000)

I do have the dual legacy LNBs that worked with the 5000. Maybe I need to put one in the other open spot on the "Y" bracket and set it up with that? I'm thinking that might work if I removed the legacy lnb after getting a signal and putting the DP lnb into the side of the Y where it locked on.

Put the legacy lnb on the left slot (the 119). Once you get a good signal, swap that out with the DP LNB

Also, is there any certain transponder to set it on in setup when trying to align? I have a DP21 switch to use after I get the signal locked in without a switch to hook up the three satellites.

11..keep in mind when you use the 5000 to fine tune it in, the max you will get is 100..When I added my 61.5, I used an old 4000 receiverand on TP 11, I got around 70-75.

Hope this helps

Iceberg said:
DaveO said:

I think you mean 90. 90 would keep the LNB arm level

Oops, yes, 90.

DishPro doesnt work with a legacy receiver. Legacy receivers are 4 digit model numbers (a 5000)

Ok, I didn't even think of that when I brought the receiver up there. So a legacy receiver would get no signal at all from a DP lnb.

Put the legacy lnb on the left slot (the 119). Once you get a good signal, swap that out with the DP LNB

Thanks, archived until I get this (older) back working again.

Dave
Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts