Attention dishnetwork sports department morons

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Uh, people who do not have HD can not see Buffalo/Florida on the NHL network HD tonight. Dish removed both MSG channel 547 and FSN-Florida coverage on 548 for SD viewers.

NICE ONE!:rolleyes:

There's no CI coverage of the game, Juan. National broadcast rights are NHL Network only. Local viewers in NY will get the MSG airing , Florida gets the FSN Florida airing.

sigh. I am talking about Center Ice out-of-market package. NOT LOCAL RSN'S. My whole point the NHL network is only in HD and SD viewers can't see the game at all.

Never been a better time for you to upgrade to HD than has there? Just an FYI, I picked up an Olevia 32" HD unit with two, count 'em, two HDMI ports as a secondary HDTV for my household (replacing a first gen HDTV) and the picture is wonderful for a $500 television. I bought mine at CompUSA but Office Depot has similar models and deals.

Time to upgrade, you won't be sorry :)

I already have a 211, I am being unselfish and questioning why SD viewers can't get the game. If it was the Red Wings people would be going apeshit, but it's Buffalo/Florida.

I already have a 211, I am being unselfish and questioning why SD viewers can't get the game. If it was the Red Wings people would be going apeshit, but it's Buffalo/Florida.

I got pissed one night when I couldn't find a Lightning game on Dish in SD, while it was on cable as per usual on my BHN. Thoughts of Dish actually not offering Sun's Lightning game, instead airing a football game, were racing through my head. Fortunately, I have cable too and my Lightning game was there in all its glory. I finally went to the Sun Sports website and saw that Dish was offering up the game on a Sun alternative channel. Nice of them to tell us!I have also seen Dish black out sh*t that BHN didn't. Not cool man, not cool.. let's face it, Dish is not really the place to go for sports.

Personally, I watch my Lightning games and and take or leave my Bucs football games. Anything else just about, I don't care. But even as a not so sports fan, I don't know if I could put up with Dish for sports if I didn't carry a cable subscription too. They leave a lot to be desired.

They are good for general HD, Voom, and Starz... everything else (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax) I get through cable. Dish is missing many of the multichannels of the premiums except for Starz. HBO Zone, ever heard of it? @ Max, Wmax, Thriller max? Hello Dish, you are missing some multichannels.

I understand where you are coming from. I seriously do, was just suggesting an HD television upgrade.

Boy o Boy, it seems you need to go watch the game in person or call Dish and crab to them. I would be demanding money for it. You pay to watch the game, now give it to me or refund me stupid company. Buy a punching bag and go to town on it. That's what I do when I can't find a hot body to go to bed with that night.

Uh, people who do not have HD can not see Buffalo/Florida on the NHL network HD tonight. Dish removed both MSG channel 547 and FSN-Florida coverage on 548 for SD viewers.

NICE ONE!:rolleyes:

You know whats funny, (this is not meant to poke fun but to show where dish's priority lies) Im watching this game on a Directv preview of the NHL network. In both HD and SD. Whats even more halarious is the fact that directv doesnt offically carry the channel yet (even though its coming), but they are allready getting more than what Dish subs are.

sigh. I am talking about Center Ice out-of-market package. NOT LOCAL RSN'S. My whole point the NHL network is only in HD and SD viewers can't see the game at all.

Ehren,

This is very simple. MSG OWNS exclusive rights to the Sabres games in specific areas defined by zip code. If you are within the local rights area claimed by MSG then you or anybody else inside this area can only see the Sabres games on MSG, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Since MSG owns exclusive rights to all Sabres Games they air, the NHL Game tonight between the Florida Panthers and the Buffalo Sabres is Blacked out inside the Local rights' areas for BOTH Buffalo and Florida. Neither Home fans of either Team can see the NHL Network feed.

This means the Center Ice channels as well. The NHL Network games and Center Ice games are ONLY for OUT OF MARKET rights.

MSG does carry Buffalo Sabres games, but they will NEVER air on the regular MSG channel on Dish Network (412). All Buffalo Sabres games are carried on a special Alternate feed from MSG. These feeds are always carried by Dish Network on the alternate Sport channels between 444 to 454. If you go to this page from MSG's Website, it lists the channel for each game for all the Sabres Games; MSG

I got pissed one night when I couldn't find a Lightning game on Dish in SD, while it was on cable as per usual on my BHN. Thoughts of Dish actually not offering Sun's Lightning game, instead airing a football game, were racing through my head. Fortunately, I have cable too and my Lightning game was there in all its glory. I finally went to the Sun Sports website and saw that Dish was offering up the game on a Sun alternative channel. Nice of them to tell us!I have also seen Dish black out sh*t that BHN didn't. Not cool man, not cool.. let's face it, Dish is not really the place to go for sports.

Skottey,

This happens all the time for many of the RSN's. Alot of RSN's carry multiple sports and or teams. Example, MSG carries, Islanders, Sabres, Rangers and Devils games. On nights when multiple teams are playing a game will spill over to Sports Channel New York. The rest will be carried on the MSG's and Sportchannel NY's Extra feeds and are placed on both DBS providers Alternate sports feeds channels.

Cable companies in most areas will pick which game to pickup to show on their cable system. DirecTV and Dish Network will NEVER do this, both DBS companies just place the additional games on the alternate feed channels.

I Don't know about you, but I prefer this as I will NEVER have my TV provider decide which game I can watch.

In my case MSG/Sportschannel NY are my local RSN's, so I can get Rangers games as well as Sabres Games on the same night, unlike if I had my local Cable company, I'd only get the Sabres game on that night.

John

Cable companies in most areas will pick which game to pickup to show on their cable system. DirecTV and Dish Network will NEVER do this, both DBS companies just place the additional games on the alternate feed channels.

I Don't know about you, but I prefer this as I will NEVER have my TV provider decide which game I can watch.

Thanks for the clear up as to what is going on. Sun airs Lightning games in my market (west FLorida) and Panther games in south and east Florida. I guess the primary feed must have been the Panthers and that my cable company would have taken the alternate feed for the Lightning and put it on Sun, where as Dish put it on the alternative. In this case however, the regular Sun on Dish was either blacked out or a Gators game was airing. Cable had the Gators game airing on FSN Florida. Until I looked on Sun's website, I thought the game wasn't airing on Dish. Thanks for explaining it to me.

I have Dish and cable and am constantly obsessively comparing the two and they both certainly have their pros and cons.

That's Dish Network's fault. They're they ones not carrying NHL Network SD. Next Charlie chat call in and complain that you can't see the NHL Network games on your SD receivers but your friend with DirecTV can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)