Attention Unreliable Sources Fans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I saw a commercial last night for a special Valentines Day episode of Unreliable Sources. Looks like Gary will be back for at least one more show tomorrow at 9:pM.

Gary posted about it here at SatelliteGuys a few days ago.

Glad to see it come back. :)

Also good to see Gary is a SatelliteGuy! :D

Sorry about the double post, I must have overlooked it somehow. I wanted to get the word out. Thanks Ice for the correction. I was so glad to see the promo I got the day wrong too.

Gary's show has the jerkies on the 11800 channels for some reason. Getting great signal, quality 75-80 but it freezes up every now and then. On the 11720 channels it doesn't seem to be having that problem.

Gary - the host actually post here on this forum. He also used to give "shoutouts" to those in FTA land and would talk about FTA every now and then on his show. He is very FTA friendly. I called in once :) I MISS that show alot!

Gary - the host actually post here on this forum. He also used to give "shoutouts" to those in FTA land and would talk about FTA every now and then on his show. He is very FTA friendly. I called in once :) I MISS that show alot!
The only thing I didn't like about the show when calling in was that they specifically tell you to turn the volume on your TV down, but they don't let you listen to the show when you're on hold. I felt very disconnected as they pick up the line (could barely hear them - probably due to having a silent phone jammed in my ear for 20 mins), and then they immediately start with their banter and you have no idea what's going on or what they are talking about.

I did enjoy the show, but mostly the callers, and not so much the Hosts' views. Sure wish there were more "open format' type of shows on live tv these days. It's interesting to see what happens!

I just wouldn't want to spoil a good thing, as I really enjoy the RTN shows. Their signal extends well North of the US border, and I worry that may be unintentional.

I had to laugh when that guy called in and asked what happened to Hawaii 5-0. Poor guy obviously doesnt have FTA. otherwise he could watch it at 8,9 or 10 pm.

When I called in, I turned down the tv volume, but not off. I could hardly hear them when it finally came my turn. I will be sad when we can no longer see RTN. At least I have a local affil, but it does nt show that much RTN programming :( Hopefully the MPEG-4 receivers will be available soon!

Larry
You do know that your NBC will have RTN on a digital subchannel, right?
KWWL will be carrying it soon :)
Quincy Newspapers, Inc., has signed up to carry Equity Media's "Retro Television Network" brand on digital subchannels of all but one of its TV stations. The stations are KTIV (Sioux City, IA), KWWL (Waterloo, IA), KXLT (Rochester, MN), WQOW (Eau Claire, WI), WXOW (La Crosse, WI), WKOW (Madison, WI), WYOW (Rhinelander, WI), WAOW (Wausau, WI), WREX (Rockford, IL), WSJV (South Bend, IN), and WVVA (Bluefield, WV). No launch date was given. QNI flagship WGEM (Quincy, IL) will not carry RTN, presumably because it already has two subchannels. It's not clear what this announcement means for Equity's KWWF/22 (Waterloo), which was one of the original RTN stations; adding coverage on KWWL-DT would expand the station's coverage area.

Thanks - I did read that last week. The problem is, KWWF does not seem to have as much RTN programming as the others have. When this switch over takes place, what all will we need? Just a new receiver? I am going to re-aim my OTA antenna for KWWF. I get all the OTA digital sub channels via cable so I will be able to get KWWF that way too. Maybe I better get that 6' cband dish :)

Gary's show has the jerkies on the 11800 channels for some reason. Getting great signal, quality 75-80 but it freezes up every now and then. On the 11720 channels it doesn't seem to be having that problem.

I watched WNGS on OTA, and it too had a few blips and flashes of a green screen, but not too often.

The show is a little better when they are talking politics. I like how when a guy from Michigan calls in, probably drunk and with nothing to say Gary asks him if he likes the Packers and sure enough he does. He also asked a caller about the Sonics game on KQUP. He definitly knows where his callers are from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)