Attention VOOMERS: Make sure to check your cc...

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Just decided to check the credit card (cc) account that I charged the VOOM installation fee. Guess what? There two charges for the VOOM installation on my cc. The first was on 11/20 for $1,357.78 and the second one was on 12/2/03 for $1,030.84. I called VOOM and they acknowledged the mistake and will be crediting the cc account. I'll continue monitoring this.

At this point, I will suggest you to check your cc account.

R

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Sean,

I was going to say that you may have been rebilled with the lower amount for your second reciever and received a full credit on first amount, but the numbers don't seem to add.

Tim

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
rudolpht said:
Sean,

I was going to say that you may have been rebilled with the lower amount for your second reciever and received a full credit on first amount, but the numbers don't seem to add.

Tim

This is what I think happened. The first amount ($1,357.78 ) reflects the second receiver ($499) + initial intallation for first receiver ($749) + tax;

The second amount ($1,030.84) reflects the second receiver ($199) + initial installation for first receiver ($749) + Tax.

The second amount happened on 12/2/03. That was the date I called to find out that the second receiver was reduced in price. So instead of giving me $300 in credit, the CSR I spoke to re-charge the account. That all makes sense but it was an idiotic move on the CSR. What can you expect from CSR? Now, I will ask to get reimbursed on the $1357.78 amount and not wait for this rebate paper. I'll let you know what happens.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
So, I just looked at my cc and was credited $1038.84. This is more than the $1,030.84 that I was charged. Heck! I ain't going to complain.