Audio and video glitches - ShowtimeHD

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Tried to watch a Showtime HD recording of Swept from the Sea recorded on 1/24 and it was having constant audio drops and minor picture disruptions. I've never observed my tp 19 on the 110 Sat dip below 80 so I don't think it's a reception issue. I've seen this occassionaly on other programs off the 110 and 119 but never bad enough to be more than a minor annoyance (unlike the 129). I've seen it on both my 622 boxes from time to time so I don't think I have a defective box. Soft reboot had no effect. Anyone else see this too?

Well I can't say I watch it often, but I have been becoming a regular fan of the Friday night show, Masters of Horror.

I did notice something that was driving me nuts on it last Friday. It's like the picture which was filmed kinda dark, would start to get lighter, almost if someone was turning up the brightness on the tv.. This would lighten up a little for about 3 seconds, then go back to the darker color it started with. This pretty much repeated throughout the entire show. A SD boxing match followed, so I couldn't see if continued with HD because it didn't with the SD Boxing of course.

It wasn't super obvious, but of course I noticed it and it scared me to think that maybe my Sony SXRD 50" was starting to have issues. But after the show ended and flipping through all the other stations, including some NBA BBall on ESPNHD, I've concluded it was definitely something with Showtime HD.

I'll be watching tonights episode and am hoping this brightness thing doesn't occur again.

I noticed this a year ago and wrote the dishquality folks and they said that early this year they were supposed to fix this. They even acknowledged the brightness to darkness thing in dark scenes and thanked me for telling them. A couple of years ago I noticed this same thing on the discovery HD channel and they thanked me for finding this flaw too and even sent me a free Dish wristwatch. They fixed the Discovery hd problem too.

I suggest that you send an email to them too and detail what you are seeing as well I did each time I saw it when I watched the Masters of Horror show - when I had the premium movie channels.

dishquality@echostar.com

Tried to watch a Showtime HD recording of Swept from the Sea recorded on 1/24 and it was having constant audio drops and minor picture disruptions. I've never observed my tp 19 on the 110 Sat dip below 80 so I don't think it's a reception issue.

And what does transponder 19 have to do with anything?

And what does transponder 19 have to do with anything?

Um, would you believe I meant to write tp17?:eek:

I re-recorded the movie and it it turned out fine this time. Haven't had trouble since that recording. Maybe it was just broadcast that way on the one showing. As far as the pixelization it's probably a seperate issue. I see there is another thread about it so I'll check it out.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=87993

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts