Audio drop outs on directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JeffInMonterey

Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Monterey Peninsula, CA
I am new to Directv, having had cable for many years. I am asking others if they are having a similar problem as I am: I am getting frequent audio drop-outs on several channels. Sometimes, I will get very few, other times I will get 5 in 5 minutes. I am using all new equipment, and the problem is only happening with the HD-DVR box, outputting through HDMI, through a new processor, and HDMI from the processor to the display. The cable is new and high quality about 25 feet long. The other boxes in the house are not the HD-DVR box, and are using the co-ax output/input. They do not seem to have this problem. In addition, the STB is just plugged into the display, without going through a processor or receiver. I know that HDMI can be very troublesome for some users, and that may be the cause. I notice that when the audio is lost, the display on the processor indicates that a 'new' audio link is made. The processor is new to me, as is the satellite system, and there may be a problem there. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This is a common and known about problem, My system does it regularly and it's one of my biggest DTV complaints.....I dont know of any fixes.

I've heard turning DD off in the Directv HD box will solve the problem. But who wants to watch HD with stereo sound? Not me. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon with one of the software updates.

And it drives me nuts too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts