Sunday Ticket discounts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
California
I've seen people in various threads saying they're getting the $20/six months credit for the sunday ticket package, but I dont seem to be having much luck with it.

I was wondering if anyone who has gotten this discount to let me know what the parameters were to it.

I called to cancel sunday ticket because I said it was too expensive, and the csr just said "okay, anything else?".

I called again yesterday and specifically asked for the discount and the guy said he searched high and low and couldnt find any such discount. But he said maybe I needed to have it turned on to get the discount. I had to get off the phone and go somewhere, so I didnt try pressing the "well, why dont you turn it on for me and then look for discounts" avenue.

So did anyone get this discount by signing up for it, or did you already have it? Does the trick of just telling the directv web site that I want it turned on, then calling for the discount work? Can/should the CSR just turn it on and then give me the discount, or does that not work?!?

Basically I aint paying $300+ for it, and the ST is the main reason why I have directv. I'm out of contract and can get a double play from comcast for my internet and television thats not much higher than my existing cable internet alone.

What might I get by calling and going to retentions and saying that I'm thinking of canceling altogether? Any recent stories from anyone who went that route?

Yeah, but I got that for free every year along with a $120 discount on the base package, which was cheaper until this year.

Bottom line is I dont want to pay more than I have to, and others seem to be reporting getting the discount. I've been a customer for ~15 years, many of those years being on Platinum/Premier, never missed a bill payment, and subscribed to the ST package more years than not.

Yeah, but I got that for free every year along with a $120 discount on the base package, which was cheaper until this year.

Bottom line is I dont want to pay more than I have to, and others seem to be reporting getting the discount. I've been a customer for ~15 years, many of those years being on Platinum/Premier, never missed a bill payment, and subscribed to the ST package more years than not.

So tell them that, your a long time loyal sub.

Nobody wants to pay more than they have to for any of it.

You paid less than I did in the past as you've got the SF for free, I have not.

Yeah, I just wanted to get the lay of the land before I called. And this week might not be the best week to do it, since they've gotten hammered with people calling for the HD discount and about the receiver outage the other day.

Yeah, I just wanted to get the lay of the land before I called. And this week might not be the best week to do it, since they've gotten hammered with people calling for the HD discount and about the receiver outage the other day.

Try calling on a Monday ..... seriously.

Yeah, thats what stonecold said...their credits get reset on sunday or monday and early in the day they arent frazzled.

is it the right time to do this? dont you guys usually start doing this at a certain point of the year and then all jump on board trying it?

is it the right time to do this? dont you guys usually start doing this at a certain point of the year and then all jump on board trying it?

Time is not right yet. But you are 100% correct........we all jump on board.....I know I will and ride that train to as many discounts and I can. Let the next man pay full price, not me.:up

Time is not right yet. But you are 100% correct........we all jump on board.....I know I will and ride that train to as many discounts and I can. Let the next man pay full price, not me.:up

you guys should all come up with a spreadsheet that everyone could follow.

Step 1. Say Cancel Sunday Ticket
Step 2. yes i've been a customer for XX years.
Step 3. Your prices sux
Step 4. Gimme discounts
Step 5. Not good enough
Step 6. Call back
Step 7. If this is your 3rd call proceed to step 8, otherwise start at Step 1.
Step 8. Yes, I will take Sunday Ticket for half the price my neighbor pays, Thank you Mr/s. CSR!
Step 9. Sit back knowing you won again this year. :)

you guys should all come up with a spreadsheet that everyone could follow.

Step 1. Say Cancel Sunday Ticket
Step 2. yes i've been a customer for XX years.
Step 3. Your prices sux
Step 4. Gimme discounts
Step 5. Not good enough
Step 6. Call back
Step 7. If this is your 3rd call proceed to step 8, otherwise start at Step 1.
Step 8. Yes, I will take Sunday Ticket for half the price my neighbor pays, Thank you Mr/s. CSR!
Step 9. Sit back knowing you won again this year. :)

I have NEVER used the word Cancel when discussing this issue, I find it to be a very bad idea, unless your REALLY ready to cancel.

I have NEVER used the word Cancel when discussing this issue, I find it to be a very bad idea, unless your REALLY ready to cancel.

Ok, edit step 1 then :)

I would hate to say Cancel my ST (if I wasn't ready too) and have it shut off right then and there.
I bet you'd get a great rate calling back in to turn it back on :eek:

When I called on the 24 month Free HD deal I was also offered ST for 49.99 6 payments and 10 dollar credit per month. That's 240. I wasn't even planning on ST but took it anyway. This was last Monday morning early. Not even sure why I did it (buyers remorse) because the team I follow is in my market and always available anyway.

So what is the regular price and is there a Super Fan this year or not? I was told HD is included this year with regular ST but what about Red Zone and online/iphone access?

Ok make sure your getting to the right department.

Ask them if the reps your talking to are in Billing/BGI/Mainbank all the same thing just different names depending on how long you worked there.

If they say yest tell them you want to cancel sunday ticket.

they might ask you if there anything esle so we can get it done before xfering you to the magical department who going to try and save you from canceling .

if you dont go though at least 2 humans your not asking the right person for the discount .

Also remember not all customer are getting the same offers.

So what is the regular price and is there a Super Fan this year or not? I was told HD is included this year with regular ST but what about Red Zone and online/iphone access?

HD is free this year, not sure on the Red Zone and the online access is $ 50.

Stone, what about my case where I canceled and wasnt given any offers to keep it, then called in and was told there arent any such discounts? Do I need to turn it back on via the web site and then call, or should I be able to do all of it on one call?

Last year I went through the same rigmarole. Called and canceled and the guy just said "ok". When I called back the guy put it back on, then gave me an early cancel discount.

Maybe the guy I talked to just wasnt very creative?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts