Audio issues on Globovision and ANT1 Greece

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
Was wondering what the deal is with these two channels and why the advertised AC3 audio is not working for me (Globovision is at 3874V @ 117 and ANT1 Greece is at 3740V @ 103).

"The List" doesn't show Globovision but lyngsat does and lists that the audio should be 4097, when I scanned that channel my Coolsat 6000 gave it a 20481 audio PID (no sound), i tried to manually enter 4097 and it automatically changes it to 24097, again no sound. As for ANT1 Greece "The List" and Lyngsat both show the audio as 2020 but my Coolsat scanned an audio PID of 18404 (no sound), I changed it to 2020 but again the Coolsat automatically changed it to 12020 and again no sound.

Is anyone getting audio on these channels? could it be that they changed the audio format? is the audio PID on these channels different as to the ones listed on lyngsat and "thelist", also why is the coolsat changing the audio PID numbers I type :confused:

ps. now that I remember i have the same issue with that WAPA channel @ 93

The Coolsat will not decode AC-3 unless you have a separate audio decoder and an optical cable hooked up. It wont decode it to the TV like regular MPEG2

Also the Coolsat changes the AC-3 pid to a different 5 digit number which is normal...If you enter the "normal" PID it wont work. The AC-3 PID HAS to scan in properly
lemme find a thread I had about that

edit: found it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/176893-coolsat-5000-ac-3-formula.html

The Coolsat will not decode AC-3 unless you have a separate audio decoder and an optical cable hooked up. It wont decode it to the TV like regular MPEG2

Also the Coolsat changes the AC-3 pid to a different 5 digit number which is normal...If you enter the "normal" PID it wont work. The AC-3 PID HAS to scan in properly
lemme find a thread I had about that

edit: found it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/176893-coolsat-5000-ac-3-formula.html

I know, Im having no problems on the other AC3 channels, just Globovision, ANT1 and WAPA

I know you have a coolsat 5000, do you get audio on these 3 channels? and if so what audio PID is it showing, maybe if I enter it I can get the audio?

I dont have my big dish outside right now to check but the C-Band channels on thelist were done by me so the PIDS are probably right. The issue is you cant manually enter an AC-3 audio PID and make it work.

If you have access to CHannelmaster (the program) that allows you to enter audio pids as noted on thelist and Lyngsat and click "AC3" and it will change it properly

I dont have my big dish outside right now to check but the C-Band channels on thelist were done by me so the PIDS are probably right. The issue is you cant manually enter an AC-3 audio PID and make it work.

If you have access to CHannelmaster (the program) that allows you to enter audio pids as noted on thelist and Lyngsat and click "AC3" and it will change it properly

I see, haven't connected the Coolsat to the computer maybe this is a good time to start learning how to!

my old desktop does have the input for connecting to the coolsat, but I have it someplace else far from where the coaxial cables and all my dish setups are. Iceberg, to do the audio PID changes do I need to have the coolsat connected to the LNB or can I just make the changes without that? I ask before I disconnect and bring the ole desktop

you can make the changes without the receiver hooked to anything

When I do updates for thelist I scan in the channels then unhook the receiver from the dish.

I don't get AC3 or MPEG audio on the ANT channel, I just thought it was likely scrambled. My Greek is a bit rusty anyway... :)
-C.

well I tried to change the audio PIDs on those 2 channels using channel master, I followed the instructions but I still don't get any sound.
but it wasn't a futile try since at least I learned how to use channel master and was able to rename and order Satellites and channels! thanks iceberg for the tutorial on that other thread on how to use channelmaster!

ps. Cham confirms there's no audio on ANT1, maybe there's no FTA sound after all, but what about Globovision?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts