Audio issues with AXS TV since Tuesday, what is going on with the channel, is it on AXS TV's end or DirecTV's end.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
on Tuesday, i noticed the audio on AXS TV has been really bad like a really bad old webstream, it impacted my viewing of Impact Wrestling and i checked to see if they fixed it tonight and nope, audio still sounds bad, i even sent a DM to both AXS TV and DirecTV, i have yet to hear back from either of them. i wonder if this is a just DirecTV issue or is it all providers affected by this bad sound issue with AXS.TV

on Tuesday, i noticed the audio on AXS TV has been really bad like a really bad old webstream, it impacted my viewing of Impact Wrestling and i checked to see if they fixed it tonight and nope, audio still sounds bad, i even sent a DM to both AXS TV and DirecTV, i have yet to hear back from either of them. i wonder if this is a just DirecTV issue or is it all providers affected by this bad sound issue with AXS.TV
What channel is it ?

Yep, I can confirm — that is unlistenable (on channel 340).

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I didn’t check it last night, but right now (Saturday, 5pm PT) it sounds terrible, like a 32kbps MP3.

Well, it sounds like crap now, but that's because there's a Judas Priest concert on. Actually it does sounds a bit over modulated.

I’d like to blame Judas Priest for it. Classic case of an insufficient number of bits — someone messed up the settings somewhere. Just amazing they haven’t noticed.

Last edited:
I was just able to listen to it on a DISH system, and the channel sounds fine there, so seems to be a DirecTV problem.

I messaged At&T Support on Twitter about it on Thursday January 14th. They just kept telling me to trouble suit even though I told them it was an issue on DIRECTV's side.

Hope it gets fixed

I messaged At&T Support on Twitter about it on Thursday January 14th. They just kept telling me to trouble suit even though I told them it was an issue on DIRECTV's side.

Yeah, having spent over 40 years in broadcast engineering, I can tell you that trying to convince someone that THEY had a problem was like pushing a boulder uphill. “Everything is fine here” was the standard response.

Yeah, having spent over 40 years in broadcast engineering, I can tell you that trying to convince someone that THEY had a problem was like pushing a boulder uphill. “Everything is fine here” was the standard response.
I'm on Directv and have gone to the channel occasionally to check it out and each time I'm there, it's fine.

I'm on Directv and have gone to the channel occasionally to check it out and each time I'm there, it's fine.

Can’t explain that. I’m tuned in right now and it sounds dreadful. The horrible nature reveals itself whenever there is any music.

just checked again, still got the audio issues. i bet the west coast is not affected by this but the east coast feed might be problematic.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

just checked again, still got the audio issues. i bet the west coast is not affected by this but the east coast feed might be problematic.

There’s only one feed as far as I know, at least on DirecTV. I’m on the west coast and as discussed above, it’s bad here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)