Audio not syncing?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Did a search and read about doing a hard reset on my H3 to solve this.

But, my problem is that I am not at home and not able to do a hard reset from the DA app. After two weeks of basically flawless service from the app this just started last night. Any other suggestions how to solve this, remotely?

Did a search and read about doing a hard reset on my H3 to solve this.

But, my problem is that I am not at home and not able to do a hard reset from the DA app. After two weeks of basically flawless service from the app this just started last night. Any other suggestions how to solve this, remotely?

Hello, lgb0250. If your Hopper3 is actively connected to the Internet, our technical support team should be able to remotely reset it. To connect with our Chat technical team to process this reset, please go here.

Reactions: Tampa8
Hello, lgb0250. If your Hopper3 is actively connected to the Internet, our technical support team should be able to remotely reset it. To connect with our Chat technical team to process this reset, please go here.

after reading how bad the chat feature was I was reluctant to try it but eventually forced myself to. I was pleasantly surprised when it only took about five minutes to have the CSR reset my H3 and another five minutes to finish up the reboot and problem solved. Thanks

This appears to be an ongoing problem and a reboot everyday shouldn’t be necessary! By 10am yesterday the audio syncing problem was back again. I just watched YTTV again since it’s active until the end of the month. Got up this morning and it was still out of sync. I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling it again. So far ok but it’s only been 10 minutes.

This appears to be an ongoing problem and a reboot everyday shouldn’t be necessary! By 10am yesterday the audio syncing problem was back again. I just watched YTTV again since it’s active until the end of the month. Got up this morning and it was still out of sync. I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling it again. So far ok but it’s only been 10 minutes.

Lasted until almost 7pm and had to delete and reinstall the app again. This time no luck. Audio is completely out of sync again. Very very frustrating DISH.

Lips still not syncing again. Guess another chat visit today. We spend a great deal of time on the road. If this app is going to be this unreliable there’s really no reason for us to stay with DISH. As much as I dislike the guide and DVR setup on YTTV, they are really only user interface quirks. Not system type like the DA App.

Have you tried the app on another device to be sure the issue is not specific to the device that you are using to view?
I thought of that too except he said resetting the box helped for a while. Still it's worth a try just for the process of elimination.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve been watching it on two separate tvs in two different rooms and the problem persists. Sometimes a reboot solves it, most times not. So I have resorted to deleting the app and reinstalling it. That works for a little while but it keeps coming back. i Only have the app on my fire sticks because my Apple TV doesn’t support the app. Bought a new Chromecast while this problem has been going on and was very pressed with its speed but it also didn’t support the app So I took it back. Got up this morning and it’s synced perfect, for the time being!

I have been having times of sound not quite syncing on my VIP receivers so it appears to not be a Hopper problem? Comes and goes. Mostly you can't really see it but more so if you go to a channel like a Shopping channel where they stay focused on the face for a longer time.

I have been having times of sound not quite syncing on my VIP receivers so it appears to not be a Hopper problem? Comes and goes. Mostly you can't really see it but more so if you go to a channel like a Shopping channel where they stay focused on the face for a longer time.
Hi, Tampa8. Are you seeing this issue on any other channels besides the Shopping Networks? If so, and resetting the receiver does not help, we would want to check if changing the Decoder from Dolby Digital to PCM (or vice versa) helps by pressing the Menu button> System Setup> Audio output> Change Output> Done.

Hi, Tampa8. Are you seeing this issue on any other channels besides the Shopping Networks? If so, and resetting the receiver does not help, we would want to check if changing the Decoder from Dolby Digital to PCM (or vice versa) helps by pressing the Menu button> System Setup> Audio output> Change Output> Done.

Very good chance it will, something that has worked in the past. If/when it happens again I'll try it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts