Audio problem on 622 with Dallas NBC affiliate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
In the last week or so the audio for the NBC affiliate in Dallas has been muffled. Sometimes it's only on commercials but sometimes it's on actual programming. For example, right now the audio on Jay Leno is muffled (sounds like someone's talking into a pillow). I noticed tonight that I'm having the same problem with Universal HD. As far as I can tell all other channels, HD or SD, are fine. Anyone else in the Dallas area having this problem? I'm trying to decide if the problem is with my 622 or on the broadcast side. Note that I get the same thing via OTA or sat-delivered HD.

I hadn't noticed anything in particular but it wouldn't surprise me. KXAS has had problems with both their OTA signal and the backhaul to Dish. Fortunately there is an email address to ask about it directly to them but I find it quicker to email dishquality@echostar.com as they should be watching that queue 24/7 and can contact the local affiliate and get someone on the problem. Maybe I just need a better antenna because their digital signal is the flakiest at my house. 4, 8, and 11 are 98% of the time rock solid. Only 5 gets the jitters so much that I can't record 005-01 on my ViP622. It's just too unstable.

I've also noticed that the audio level is lower on KXAS than all the other locals on both SD and HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)