Audio question/concern

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowe41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Hello

I wanted to know if anyone else has had audio issues with DTV. Sometimes it the audio seems to skip (sounds like a cd that is skipping or scratched) other times the sound will go out for a second or two at at time, both of which happen for a good bit of time. I usually just turn it because its so annoying. It only happens on HD channels and mostly locals, but I have heard it on discovery and ESPN. I have great signal strength and only have the occasional pixelation problems. Just want to know if its a DTV issue, my equipment issue, or if its the signal put out from the local stations. I get my locals from DTV not OTA.
I have a H20-600 with a slimline dish.

Thanks in advance, any input is much appreciated.

Oh yes, this has been an on going issue at least with me. I have heard several other people
complaining about the same issues.

Mine was basic audio dropouts.

This recent software release should have fixed the issue.
Go through your menu system\setup see when your most
recent software upgrade was.

We just got one.

Ill let you know if it is fixed.

This is my main issue with THE HR20S they are quirky and flimsy.

Direc is so fast moving and cutting edge that I wish they would have great machines to match their awesome programming.

This is ''exactly'' why i still have dish network. Their machines 622 are better\ more stable.

Maybe direc will bring tivo back?

Thanks guys for the input, I don't think my H20 has gotten a new update recently, but I will check when I get home. I just wanted to be sure it wasnt' just me. It is kind of annoying, I hope us H20 users get the update to fix it soon.

Thanks again.
BTW, JD Spencer, I put the same post up on DBS talk as well. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)