Audio skipping on non HDTV programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LaTechRandy

Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I bought an Olevia 247 HDTV about a month ago and ran it a couple of weeks with non-HD programming from DirectTV while I waited for the a service call to install my new HD sat dish and deliver my HD DVR receiver.

Shortly after the new HD DVR was installed (of course after the DirecTV installer had left), the audio on non-HD channels started to occasionally skip. This can last anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute or more. The video plays just fine, while the audio is skipping and if I rewind the DVR and replay the programming that just skipped on audio, it plays fine the second time through. If I hit pause when it is skipping and watch the 6 second delay (cache) it will not skip. As I said it only happens on non-HD programming. I called DirectV the next day and they brought a second DVR, thinking that it was a problem with my new DVR. Well, the second DVR continues to do the same thing. I have changed the HDMI input from 1 to 2 on the back of my tv and it still skips on audio.

Anyone got any thoughts as to a fix?

Its the receivers not your tv, each time you stopped or rewound the dvr the problem stopped. I believe it was last month that there was someone else with a similiar issue and it turns that there was a whole pallet of bad receivers so this may be the same situation.

did u try using different connections other than hdmi. did u try using component to see if it would do the same thing. sounds to me like an hdmi issue but without knowing exactly what connections you are using, its just leaves more questions.

Same problem, except I was using HDMI to the TV and Optical audio to a receiver. Found that using the stereo out doesn't have the problem. Gonna call DTV and see what they say. By the way, how do you like your 247? Just got one as well.

I know the HR21s have had some audio issues on the last national release of the software. The issue manifests while watching live TV and upon resuming from FF/Rewind. A workaround is to use the CE or go back a minute or so and watch from the recorded buffer.

Upgrade 0x206 is defective

The latest upgrade to firmware 0x206 created the audio dropout - studdering problem.
According to other message boards, DirTV is aware of the problem and claims to be working on it.

I've tried it in both of the HDMI inputs on the back of my tv, but I have not tried any others. I'll give that a shot over the next couple of days.

My 247, is great, you can't beat it for the money! The only thing I don't like is that Direct TV does not have a code that supports it yet, so I have to use the remote that came with the TV for volume & power on/off. Hopefully that will come though.

Hopefully the skipping is just a glitch in DTV's latest release and it will be resolved shortly.

In the meantime, I've just been watching on the delay.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)