Audio skips on recorded HD locals when playing from 622 DVR

Did you check your output settings? I've seen people complain before of their output settings getting wiped by software updates, although it's never happened to me.
Actually, it's really more of a stretched picture. It isn't formatted to the screen properly anymore, kind of like when somebody e-mails you picture that has too much resolution. The little icon from the network sits halfway out of the picture, and everything appears bigger and less clear. All the inputs and viewing parameters on the tv are set properly.

Actually, it's really more of a stretched picture. It isn't formatted to the screen properly anymore, kind of like when somebody e-mails you picture that has too much resolution. The little icon from the network sits halfway out of the picture, and everything appears bigger and less clear. All the inputs and viewing parameters on the tv are set properly.

It sounds like your aspect is in a zoom mode from the DVR. Press the Format button (lower left on your remote, with the asterisk) until you see 'Normal' on your TV.

It sounds like your aspect is in a zoom mode from the DVR. Press the Format button (lower left on your remote, with the asterisk) until you see 'Normal' on your TV.
Thanks, Bobby! That fixed it. But why, for the love of Pete, did the tech have a new dvr sent to me when all it was was a stupid button on the remote? They could lower their costs if it wasn't for all these blunders!!!!!

I am going to post this on several related threads for maximum visibility.

After getting fed up with waiting for the L615 upgrade to fix the audio blips problem we've experienced with recorded and paused shows off our local ABC station (WTVD 11 in Raleigh, NC), I finally called DISH's tech support line on Saturday, January 10th and asked to speak to a 'advanced level technician'. My issues (and their actions to correct) have been well captured by DISH in their system...kudos to them for this! It took a while to get to an advanced level tech, but I explained that I have been having the problem for over three months, that we've read from many on such forums as this that the L615 corrects the problem, and that for some reason we in central NC still haven't gotten the latest software upgrade. The tech said DISH is aware of the problem, and she would try to force the software upgrade to my 622. It didn't work immediately, so she said she would pass along the request to engineering to force the download during one of my regular nightly updates (mine are set at 3 am). She said give it at least two business days for them to act on it. Well, I checked this am, and I indeed have the latest software update...L616 in fact!

Best of all, I have checked several ABC recordings which I know had the audio blips, and all problems appear to be fixed now!!!! It may be too early for jumping up and down, but this seems to be a step in the right direction.

My message to any of my Raleigh area comrades suffering still from this audio issue; call DISH and ask for an advanced or level 2 tech and explain the situation, asking them to force a software update to you. And good luck on your journey!

Latest from St. Louis. Have the most recent software update for VIP722 DVR-HD
vs L617. No change. Still have audio skip on record playback of HD local channels. Called tech service, chatted with support, e-mailed Dish. No satisfaction. Standard answer is, "We will forward this to our Engineering dept." They do not have direct contact with the customers. End of story. Does anyone know if Direct TV has this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts