audio sound

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chuck6961

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Covington, La
I have a hd dvr 722.I have my optical connection comeing from my onkyo ht-sr600 connected to my tv. My question is do you think it would sound better pluging in to my box or tv??? my tv is a 50 inch plasma panosonic.

Sorry, but not making much sense of it. More details please. Why run sound to TV at all since you have your Onkyo?

The optical on the TV is an output. Run the optical from the 722 to the amp.

The reason you do this instead of connecting to the optical out of your TV is that most TVs only provide DD 5.1 audio output when using their built-in OTA tuner. If the audio is coming in over HDMI from your sat receiver, most TVs downmix multichannel audio down to stereo. It's still uncommon to get DD 5.1 from the TV when viewing an external source.

The reason you do this instead of connecting to the optical out of your TV is that most TVs only provide DD 5.1 audio output when using their built-in OTA tuner. If the audio is coming in over HDMI from your sat receiver, most TVs downmix multichannel audio down to stereo. It's still uncommon to get DD 5.1 from the TV when viewing an external source.

you were right pluged the adio optical into my 722 and work great thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)