Audio/Video DLNA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I sure hope so. I like it on my 922, just hate that it is kind of slow but nice to have it all in one place. With play-on, I can watch a show from Hulu, that I forgot to record, and show pics to my family with out having to go to my small computer room to show everyone.

I asked this question back when the XiP receivers were first revealed and Scott indicated that they would support DLNA. I assume the same still holds true.

It is great with playon. I use it to catch stuff on ESPN3 all the time. Picture quality varies by event, but generally I think it is pretty darn good. That being said, it is absolutely not HD (I really wish that at least ESPN3 would change this and then that playon would make the changes on their side).

Even better, I wish that Dish would kiss and make up with Disney/ESPN and add an ESPN3 app to their set top boxes, thereby eliminating the need for playon/DLNA

Has anyone tried Dish's DLNA (I guess in the 922, and soon to be in the Hopper) with the Plex Media Server? It's a terrific media server app for Mac, Windows, and Linux, with clients for many devices. Of course I'd really like a Plex app for the Hopper, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. Plex - A Complete Media Solution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts