Audit Department HELL!

I am wondering what exactly needs to be done when you are audited? They require you to verify the R00's and S00's on the receivers or what? My parents have enough trouble changing channels, how can they be expected to go through the menus on each box or whatever it is that the audit dept requires?

Spending X dollars as a retailer or customer with E* doesn't entitle a customer (or retailer for that matter) to special treatment.

Are you kidding? I get special treatment with Delta because I spend a lot of money with them. I have gotten special treatment twice with the executive office because I have spent $100 plus a month for almost 10 years with dish. It is probably not as true in the sat business, but in the airline industry 2% of an airlines customers provide something like 90% of their revenue. Take the attitude that the 2% do not deserve special treatment and you will lose 90% or your revenue. I don't understand how you believe it is unethical to give preferential treatment to your best customers. That is more than very common in every business.

These RATS Receiver Audit Team is the only other group besides the IRS that you are Guilty until you prove your self innocent.

Dont Screw with the RATS ...cancel and go to DTV....

I wonder what the difference is between...

RATS - Receiver Audit Team

EVT - Equipment Verification Team

The term rats was used at first and then they changed to EVT. Is this 2 seperate departments or is the first department renamed?

Are you kidding? I get special treatment with Delta because I spend a lot of money with them. I have gotten special treatment twice with the executive office because I have spent $100 plus a month for almost 10 years with dish. It is probably not as true in the sat business, but in the airline industry 2% of an airlines customers provide something like 90% of their revenue. Take the attitude that the 2% do not deserve special treatment and you will lose 90% or your revenue. I don't understand how you believe it is unethical to give preferential treatment to your best customers. That is more than very common in every business.

It is unethical to treat one customer better than another based on expenditure. Do you judge someone that lives in a RV park less worthy to have an exception for an extra 622 if they can afford it than someone with six already on their account? I wouldn't, so long as they can afford it. E* can't treat one set of retailers better than another. It happens yes, but it shouldn't. You treat everyone well, or you treat everyone like crap but it's one or the other.

As far as the second question, RATS was changed when the test benches were renamed Receiver Automated Test last I heard. EVT is the current acronym being used, same team (there is another department for ...more severe issues. You probably haven't heard of them. Those are the guys responsible for the Canada arrests we hear about lately.) Just like ERT was the Executive Offices of Soraya Cartwright, then Executives Offices, then Executive Offices of DISH Network (EODN), then the Executive Resolution Team (ERT, present term). The funny part is they're all the same entity, and although they get praises up and down around here...they really shouldn't.

What happens after Comcast?

I stay with them. Had Comcast most of my life and was always happy. Tried D* when I moved to SC at my father in laws recommendation. That lasted 6mo's. E* had a good deal so I brought them on board and we'll see how it goes.

The MAIN reason Im still not with Comcast is the crappy SA8300 dvr. Comcast here has a good selection of HD plus the locals in HD so I wouldn't even blink if I went back to them.

Funny, everyone loves to bash Comcast, but ive had them in two cities and other than cost and an aging dvr they provided me with a good service. I did have E* after I got married for about 15 mo's and they also gave me great service so I am not worried, wont ever use D* again.

So if E* screws me, Comcast will gladly take me back. One thing Comcast has that E* and D* obviously never will:

SAME DAY service calls, plus itll knock $15 of my HSI :D

I wonder what the difference is between...

RATS - Receiver Audit Team
EVT - Equipment Verification Team

The term rats was used at first and then they changed to EVT. Is this 2 seperate departments or is the first department renamed?

The Difference to me is i feel better calling them RATS.....I have lost several customers to the RATS. They dont care about the customer the RATS treat a customer like a dog. If you had been a real customer you would have already changed.

I have not had any problems with them lately and was thinking they someone had pulled the plug on them but i guess DISH does not mind losing good customers with the few thiefs out there.

The rats were calling my customers that had RV waivers asking them to read off the numbers and if they happen to be out of town...they shut them down...

As far as the second question, RATS was changed when the test benches were renamed Receiver Automated Test last I heard. EVT is the current acronym being used, same team (there is another department for ...more severe issues. You probably haven't heard of them. Those are the guys responsible for the Canada arrests we hear about lately.) Just like ERT was the Executive Offices of Soraya Cartwright, then Executives Offices, then Executive Offices of DISH Network (EODN), then the Executive Resolution Team (ERT, present term). The funny part is they're all the same entity, and although they get praises up and down around here...they really shouldn't.

You have too much knowledge about the auditing departments and behind. Could be a member of JJ team. Then I understand why your posts match their goals and philosophy. Hmm.

It is unethical to treat one customer better than another based on expenditure.

It is NOT unethical, it is good business, it is the natural order of things. You yourself do it without thinking about it all the time.

Dish rates customers according to how much they spend monthly and how long they have been a customer - every smart business man knows upon which side his bread is buttered.

What do you think credit rating companies are for?

We were all created equal, but from day one we have each been building a reputation that others use to evaluate us.

You have too much knowledge about the auditing departments and behind. Could be a member of JJ team. Then I understand why your posts match their goals and philosophy. Hmm.

Thank you for the compliment, but knowledge in history never dictates ulterior motives or ultimate goals. My advice would be to take any information I provide at face value, and if any of it helps you in the future, so much the better. I assure you though, my goals and philosophies ultimately have NOTHING to do with E*'s audit department. I have "much" more impressive aspirations.

I have "much" more impressive aspirations.

I feel enlightened just reading your posts. I am sure your aspirations are too much for anyone here to handle. Your words almost broke my monitor. I have to go, I can't... handle.... your..... ass....pirations...

I feel enlightened just reading your posts. I am sure your aspirations are too much for anyone here to handle. Your words almost broke my monitor. I have to go, I can't... handle.... your..... ass....pirations...

Don't you have a PPV to go reverse or a customer on channel 4 instead of 3 to help? Either one of those should keep you out of my hair for a good half hour.

I don't expect to ever get an audit call (my receivers are all hooked to the phone), but I have a suggestion for those who do.

A recurring complaint is auditor verbal abuse. If I ever had to speak with one, I would advise him/her that the conversation was being recorded. That simple statement should result in a more civilized dialog, even if I don't intend to record it.

To actually record the conversation, there's no need to tap any wires. Just activate the speakerphone and use a simple voice recorder (many newer simple cameras have this feature).

I don't expect to ever get an audit call (my receivers are all hooked to the phone), but I have a suggestion for those who do.

A recurring complaint is auditor verbal abuse. If I ever had to speak with one, I would advise him/her that the conversation was being recorded. That simple statement should result in a more civilized dialog, even if I don't intend to record it.

To actually record the conversation, there's no need to tap any wires. Just activate the speakerphone and use a simple voice recorder (many newer simple cameras have this feature).

or use a sanyo cell phone and hit voice record it will record to call to Mini SD 7 hours worth. you can start it with when the phone rings also

I have owned two (2) 622s for more than a year. In my case, each and every time there is a change with my account, (programming, swap three receivers for failed HDMI, return two leased 811s, etc.), Dish Network always claims ownership of at least one of my receivers and charges an additional $6 Leased HD Receiver fee. I then place a call into billing only to told by some barely speaking english representative that I am confused - her records clearly show that it is a leased receiver...even though I purchased them at the tune of $500+ from an authorized retailer, have receipts, and have never signed any leasing documents. Ugh!:(

Anyway, this is the 5th or 6th time I have had to deal with the folks at Executive Services to resolve this issue. Nice people - the probem is temporarity corrected - but it is never a permanent fix. Hell, my fax is now up to 11 pages since I have to show proof of ownership of my equipment, along with emails and discussions I've had in the past these folks. Bottom line: Dish Network doesn't have a clue if your receivers are leased or owned...so they claim ownership and make you prove them incorrect. I am convinced this is true! I regret buying my equipment at this time since it takes more than three hours of my time (calls, email, faxes, hours placed on hold) to resolve this issue...just to save $6. It's as though I am dealing with a ship of fools. Ugh! :(

Anyway, to top off this latest iteration...someone from Executive Services created a troublecall and rolled a truck to correct my "technical" problem.:confused: Seriously, I cannot make this up! I was notified by the local dispatcher on Friday that I had a service call scheduled for Sunday afternoon (Mother's Day no less). I explained there was nothing wrong with my equipment and that I did not schedule an appointment.:confused: The appointment was cancelled. Well, yesterday evening I had voicemail on my answering service stating we missed our scheduled appointment Sunday afternoon and to call a 1-800 number to reschedule. The local installation company then tells me that I would be charged for the missed appointment. Ok, I am on the phone for another hour once again resolving this issue...all because Dish Network keeps claiming ownership of my equipment, cannot place notes in a customer account, does not communicate throughout the organization, etc.:mad:

I just can't wait to be audited...:rolleyes:

I have had (still have) the same leased receiver problem. 1st it was 3 out of 3 receivers that were leased. After arguing for a couple of months with them they finally changed my bill to only 1 leased receiver. I have not started to complain YELL yet, but I will if the audit police start calling.:mad:

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

It is NOT unethical, it is good business, it is the natural order of things. You yourself do it without thinking about it all the time.

Dish rates customers according to how much they spend monthly and how long they have been a customer - every smart business man knows upon which side his bread is buttered.

What do you think credit rating companies are for?

We were all created equal, but from day one we have each been building a reputation that others use to evaluate us.

Dish doesnt treat one better than another based on what they spend, if anything its based on the interactions between the customer and any employee who has the ability to add notes to the customers account that will to a large degrea determine how that customer is treated in the future by other employee's of dish. If treatment was based on what a customer spends then Stonecold would still be a member paying for programming to his 7 or 8 receivers yet he found himself dealing with the audit department on a continuing basis. I never subscribed to anything larger than the top 120 and even then I was only paying $15 until I left employment with them and had a pretty easy go of cancelling service and not having to return the lnbf.

I can give you dozens of examples based on personal experience that any individual customers experience with dish is based on whats in their account notes, each day I would read the account notes for every job I got and the ones that had notes stating a bad phone confrontation with an irate and hostile customer were the ones that I had to both handle with kid gloves and to walk into defensively because I wanted to make sure that I was not going into a bad situation and to give the customer a better experience through me than they had gotten with the csr and I made sure to call up my office or to dish and have a csr update the notes to reflect that the customer was happy that his or her problem had been worked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)