August 2005 Voom Originals Highlights

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

Monsters HD: Rawhead Rex * (1987, Horror)

monsters_rawheadrex.jpg

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

GuyTv HD: Platoon **** (1986, War)

***Premieres***

The Majestic HD: The Art of Amalia (2000, Doc)

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

GuyTv HD: Teachers ** (1984, Comedy)

GuyTv HD: Nightwatch ** (1998, Horror)

***Premieres***

Majestic HD: It Runs in the Family ** (1994, Comedy)

Sean Mota said:
I do not think you are alone on your assessment. It just looks like they want to fail and they are making easy to do.

wow i am glad i dont have it anymore,but i have Cablevision IO and that is pretty good but also they dont care for HD for customers--it boils down to one thing-James Dolan has his nose up larry Browns you know what and he cares more about himself and PR then customers---

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

HDnews: Like a Rhinestone Cowboy (Premieres 8/8)
The fashion designer known as Manuel has sewn spangles on suits for the likes of Robert Redford, Dwight Yoakam, and the late Johnny Cash. The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame will celebrate the one-of-a-kind rhinestoned and embroidered works of Manuel in an exhibit that runs through November 6. The display will showcase 50 jackets crafted to represent the U.S. states, his personal thank you to the USA.​

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

GuyTv HD: The Left-Handed Gun **+ (1958, Westerns)

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

GuyTv HD: Iron Monkey (1977, Sports)

Equator HD: Jewels of the Dark Continent (Special)

***Premieres***

The Majestic HD: Amandla! A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony ***+ (2002, Doc)

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

Rave HD: Simply Red Live in Taromina (Musical)

***Premieres***

GuyTv HD: Fail Safe ***+ (1964, Mystery)

The Majestic HD: The Great Gatsby **+ (1974, Drama)

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

***Premieres***

Monsters HD: Clash of the Titans **+ (1981) @ 10pm ET

Majestic HD: It's Always Fair Weather *** (1955, Musical)

Sean Mota said:
TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

***Premieres***

Monsters HD: Clash of the Titans **+ (1981) @ 10pm ET

Majestic HD: It's Always Fair Weather *** (1955, Musical)
Sean, are things starting to pick up in the movie area? I still don't see anything new on Rush though.

Did anyone else notice that the guide this past Saturday showed Spanish soccer three times. However, 2 where Japanses baseball (old of course) and one was Euroleague basketball (old of course). I need to start thinking more positively.

I guess what I am asking, does it seem like Voom is ramping up for the fall after a slow summer or I am I just wishful thinking.....

kfried001 said:
Sean, are things starting to pick up in the movie area? I still don't see anything new on Rush though.

Did anyone else notice that the guide this past Saturday showed Spanish soccer three times. However, 2 where Japanses baseball (old of course) and one was Euroleague basketball (old of course). I need to start thinking more positively.

I guess what I am asking, does it seem like Voom is ramping up for the fall after a slow summer or I am I just wishful thinking.....

What you see on the first post of this thread is what is new. I did notice the mess up of the PG. Hopefully, it will pick up but I am still skeptical.

I have to say, any momentum/new content is a good sign in my book...I, like others (and many that have had Voom for MUCH longer than I) was starting to get a bit weary of the repeats.

Some of these flicks are quality, which is also a good sign. "Platoon" looked great, haven't seen that one in a long time. What a cast. "Bob Roberts" is on my 942, waiting to get a viewing. And, I'm sorry, but "Clash of the Titans" in HD, what's not to like ;)! I think the slumbering beast is waking up...or has licked it's wounds long enough and now knows its got to get up and get moving.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

HDnews: Underseas in HD
Join us in North Carolina as underwater archaeologists excavate the site of what is believed to be Blackbeard the Pirate's flagship -- The Queen Anne's Revenge. Dredging the ocean floor in an effort to recover artifacts and determine the identify of the wreck once and for all, HDNews goes along for the dive to document all in HD! Airs August 17th​

I'm confused -- Is Platoon a premiere? If so, does this and the other activity indicate an uptake in new programming activity at Voom? Or is this just wishful thinking?

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT:

***Premieres***

GuyTv HD: Best Defense *+ (1984, Comedy)
[/QUOTE]

howdy

Hey guys, new poster here.

I just got the Voom package with Dish network back in late May. To be honest, the only reason I switched from DirecTv was for the Monster channel. So far, I've really enjoyed it, even though it has a tendency to recycle the programming every month or so.

I REALLY like what they're doing in August. Clash of the Titans, Dr. Phibes, the Hellraiser Movies.. that's a dream come true for horror/sci-fi nuts like myself.

Greekwolf,

welcome to the site. Monsters HD is really a cool channel. I saw Dr. Phibes, couldn't catch Clash of the Titans but I know I will. You will enjoy the Vincent Price movies they are a treasure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)