August promotions vs. July promotions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blahblehblah

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
USA
Does anyone know what the August promotions for Dish will be? Thinking of signing up for Dish, but did not know if I should rush the decision if the prices were going up tomorrow...

I know that with some of the DTV deals, the new July promo was leaked a week before the current one ended. Any news from Dish?
In the process of moving but don't want to get stuck in a 2 year contract with high rates. :)

Thanks in advance

But I believe someone posted that there would be new "new customer" and upgrade promos starting tomorrow.

Moot, at this point, no?

But I believe someone posted that there would be new "new customer" and upgrade promos starting tomorrow.

Moot, at this point, no?

Not exactly moot as I could sign up today but schedule installation at a later date and still cancel. Would the "new customer" promos be better? Hmm.

DK. I'd expect them to be about the same. But considering they lost net subs last quarter, they may sweeten the pot a little bit.

DK. I'd expect them to be about the same. But considering they lost net subs last quarter, they may sweeten the pot a little bit.

yeah, my family was one of the cancellations. 8 years with dish and never renewed contract after first 2 years. still no offers for us to upgrade to HD and stuff. oh well.
thinking of signing up under my name for them.

blahblehblah said:
yeah, my family was one of the cancellations. 8 years with dish and never renewed contract after first 2 years. still no offers for us to upgrade to HD and stuff. oh well.
thinking of signing up under my name for them.

And what offers you were expecting???

And what offers you were expecting???

some retention. they didn't even offer equipment upgrade even if another 2 year contract was signed. they said no upgrades available. was just offered a $2/month credit for 12 months.

now my next question may require a new thread, but was wondering: will the 2 dishes I have on my roof (installed in 2003) for USA and International channels work with any of the current HD receivers? Or will I need a new upgraded Dish (or two Dishes) that's compatible with the newer receivers? Of course, all this is futile if I sign up as a "new customer" as I will be getting the free leased equipment and installation.

Also, what are the chances that if I were to sell my old 2003 SD receivers (no DVR) to someone, that they could be activated with current 2010+ dish equipment?

Looks like the August promotion is the same as the July promotion.

some retention. they didn't even offer equipment upgrade even if another 2 year contract was signed. they said no upgrades available. was just offered a $2/month credit for 12 months.

now my next question may require a new thread, but was wondering: will the 2 dishes I have on my roof (installed in 2003) for USA and International channels work with any of the current HD receivers? Or will I need a new upgraded Dish (or two Dishes) that's compatible with the newer receivers? Of course, all this is futile if I sign up as a "new customer" as I will be getting the free leased equipment and installation.

Also, what are the chances that if I were to sell my old 2003 SD receivers (no DVR) to someone, that they could be activated with current 2010+ dish equipment?

If your looking for DISH to kiss your a$$ don't hold your breath, they are not know for buying customers they already have. If you want upgrades they are available as a "Dishing it up promotion" just ask for it and they will tell you what you are elligible for. Customers used to be evaluated on previous performance where you could go from free to full price dependant on your previous history.

The question on dishes depends on what you have now, I'm sorry but I can't see your roof so you will have to tell us what is there. Again tell us what you have for a receiver DISH has your records but we don't have that luxury, you need to help us out by providing information.

The new promotions really are not any different than the old ones. They're sticking with the same package prices and discounts for the most part. I had a thread last month that covered the Dish Retailer chat and it talked about the promotions.

As for an old customer wanting to upgrade, either they were misinformed or they just did not qualify for an upgrade. Generally an upgrade to HD is free, you just have to pay the tech visit fee. Upgrading to the new Hopper system is a little more costly but it is their newest equipment.

Last year they had the nfl redzone/multisport pack free 6/mos offer.We were able to get that and I recall several others here that did as well.Maybe they will do that again or at least a half off offer.

I the the "Dishing It Up" promo would be feasible. I have old receivers around that age. Does anyone know if they will work on WA since it still supports older receivers? I don't think EA would be an option or am I wrong?

andy_horton said:
I the the "Dishing It Up" promo would be feasible. I have old receivers around that age. Does anyone know if they will work on WA since it still supports older receivers? I don't think EA would be an option or am I wrong?

Depends on how old.... what is themidel numbers?

501,510,301,310,811 and anything with 4 digits in the model cannot longer be activated.

If your looking for DISH to kiss your a$$ don't hold your breath, they are not know for buying customers they already have. If you want upgrades they are available as a "Dishing it up promotion" just ask for it and they will tell you what you are elligible for. Customers used to be evaluated on previous performance where you could go from free to full price dependant on your previous history.

The question on dishes depends on what you have now, I'm sorry but I can't see your roof so you will have to tell us what is there. Again tell us what you have for a receiver DISH has your records but we don't have that luxury, you need to help us out by providing information.

It's a Dish 500 satellite dish on the roof and it says "HD" in red so I assume HD is possible?
Since this was working with my old Dish 311 receivers, can I assume that any of the newer Dish 722 or Hopper systems will activate fine with the current dish on the roof?

Is there a new Dish setup that is required?
Will the 311's be able to be activated again if I ever choose to sell them?

Dish 500 is not a HD dish so your information is confusing at best. The 311 receiver is the current base SD receiver so it will be usable for at least the next year probably longer.

Dish 500 is not a HD dish so your information is confusing at best. The 311 receiver is the current base SD receiver so it will be usable for at least the next year probably longer.

Here is what is on the roof. Will this work with the current HD receivers and allow me to receive HD programming/international channels? Can I assume that I will not need to rewire anything? There used to be 2 dishes on the roof and about 8 months ago, a Dish tech came and replaced the dish with this new Dish, but everything else remained the same (Dish 311 receivers, no HD channels). Never had a need to upgrade due to no HDTV in the house, but in a different situation now. The dish says "Dish Network Plus" on it and it says "HD" in red. Picture should enlarge if you click on it below:
dishview.JPG

Here is what is on the roof. Will this work with the current HD receivers and allow me to receive HD programming/international channels? Can I assume that I will not need to rewire anything?

it looks like it's a dish 500+ that gives you 110,119, and 118.7. I think they'll need to add the extra LNB for 129 to get HD channels which converts it to a 1000+. Other than that you should be good to go for future upgrades.

it looks like it's a dish 500+ that gives you 110,119, and 118.7. I think they'll need to add the extra LNB for 129 to get HD channels which converts it to a 1000+. Other than that you should be good to go for future upgrades.

Is this possible to do myself? How expensive is it? Also, what would be a way for me to verify this? I should be able to visit the site myself over labor day weekend. No Dish service at the location currently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)