August - the Month of new HD?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
J_slimz said:
August 2nd and new HD channel? What is it? And as for the FOOD channel in HD....WHY???!!!!!!??????? Most people who watch the food channel are in the kitchen and trying some of the stuff out. I don't know many people who have an HD tv in the kitchen....so again.....WHY?????
I have four HD sets and one happens to be in the kitchen---so what's wrong with that???????:hungry: :D

jmd102354 said:
Keep the Food Channel and give me my HD locals in Scranton/WB, PA.

We are 52 in the market place. So I don't think we will be getting them any time soon.
Do OTA. I don't know where your from but most of the people I know have no trouble picking up all the local stations OTA.

"...Most people who watch the food channel are in the kitchen and trying some of the stuff out...."

Where did you get that idea? That's like saying people who watch football are out in a field trying to duplicate the moves on TV.

The best HD Food is in your refrigerator

Now, they need to add SciFi in HD. I now wait for things on Canadian tv in HD because they are filmed in HD, but shown on SCIFI in SD. What a waste!

Super Dave said:
MTV HD, without the music of course. MTV should have done a rename years ago.

Actually, MHD is MTV with the music. It's a hybrid music channel offering musical programs and videos from their collection of channels, including VH-1 and CMT.

Jeff_R said:
Actually, MHD is MTV with the music. It's a hybrid music channel offering musical programs and videos from their collection of channels, including VH-1 and CMT.
I'm surprised, didn't know. Did know what the letters stood for. Given their track record how long until they go back to series and no videos?

Logos continue to be bad news for those of us with CRT-RP TVs. Not great for plasma sets either. Logos which are very light/translucent are okay.

The worst ones around are the ones Dish puts up on their HD Demo channel when they show the aquariums. If I let those aquariums run for a couple hours a night over a few weeks, I'd have nasty logo burnin.

The Dish on-screen DVR control panel is bad news too. Everytime I pause something for more than a minute or two, I switch my TV to the "Cable" input so it will throw up a "snow" / white noise screen. The snow screen is good not only for avoiding burn-in from the DVR but for wiping any burnout in progress, sort of an eraser. It's good to throw it up for a half-hour every week or so.

I sure wish Dish would have the DVR control panel be more translucent or move around the screen if it paused for more than a minute. I know of a few people who did have burn-in problems from it.

Last edited:
Tom Bombadil said:
Logos continue to be bad news for those of us with CRT-RP TVs. Not great for plasma sets either. Logos which are very light/translucent are okay.

The worst ones around are the ones Dish puts up on their HD Demo channel when they show the aquariums. If I let those aquariums run for a couple hours a night over a few weeks, I'd have nasty logo burnin.

The Dish on-screen DVR control panel is bad news too. Everytime I pause something for more than a minute or two, I switch my TV to the "Cable" input so it will throw up a "snow" / white noise screen. The snow screen is good not only for avoiding burn-in from the DVR but for wiping any burnout in progress, sort of an eraser. It's good to throw it up for a half-hour every week or so.

I sure wish Dish would have the DVR control panel be more translucent or move around the screen if it paused for more than a minute. I know of a few people who did have burn-in problems from it.

Im pretty sure he was talking about LOGO, the gay and lesbian channel from MTV Networks.

Originally Posted by wied
MHD would be good but keep logo off

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil

StevenD said:
Im pretty sure he was talking about LOGO, the gay and lesbian channel from MTV Networks.

That's funny:p

hpman247 said:
FOOD HD has been uplinked but is unavailable as of right now!

Kirk: "Scotty, you...must....gotothe...the engineering room.............rightaway..and.....plug meinto the....
FoodHD Channel "

Scotty: "I' doon't know if I can do it sirrdr, it's impossible."

Kirk: "Scotty do it or you're FIRED!"

Scotty: "eye eye sirdr, oh it sure will be nice watching Rachel Ray with a wee bit o' Scotch"

Last edited:
foghorn2 said:
Kirk: "Scotty, you...must....gotothe...the engineering room.............rightaway..and.....plug meinto the....
FoodHD Channel "

Scotty: "I' doon't know if I can do it sirrdr, it's impossible."

Kirk: "Scotty do it or you're FIRED!"

Scotty: "eye eye sirdr, oh it sure will be nice watching Rachel Ray with a wee bit o' Scotch"

Check the schedule. I didn't see any of Rachel's shows in HD.

Why are there so many people complaining about certain channels being put up in HD?? Is that not the plan for ALL channels to goto HD at some point? So have Food goto HD now, or later, its inevitable that it will be HD. E* does not come up with the programming, so if you want to complain about not having a certain channel in HD, call up that channel provider and leave E* out of it. Then if E* decides not to uplink it, then you can call them up and complain :-D Eventually we will all be able to watch CSPAN in full HD glory!

"...Is that not the plan for ALL channels to go to HD at some point? ..."
No. All channels will go digital, but not all HD. For decades, there will be reruns of SD programming- some stations may specialize in this. Some source material will be of limited interest, and not support the added expense of recording in HD. Bandwidth will always be a concern, so HD programming must be of great popularity to pay the freight.

Sadly, multi-casting will always be with us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)