August Update Info

I have a Hopper2/sling and Friday I got the U705 update. I don't know what it all entails but one thing I noticed was that the Game Finder settings had changed. Since I got the update I've been watching football all day and now I'm getting these notifications that such and such is starting etc. I didn't have this before 705 and I checked the settings on my Hopper and in notifications I have TV enhancements in off mode. I checked everywhere else and couldn't find anything to turn them off. Any ideas.

I have an H3 and get the same messages and remember that I turned something on. BUT when I went to GameFinder to give you a step by step to where this is done, it's all screwed up. It first asked for me to set up what I had already set up. Then when I went in to set up since there was nothing, mostly, it couldn't supply teams to select and errored. There's a bigger problems here . . . now.

also messed up my wireless joey which reverted back to updating at 1 am no matter what time I manually set it to update, worked great for a few months (wired joey & H3 work as they are supposed to).

I have a Hopper2/sling and Friday I got the U705 update. I don't know what it all entails but one thing I noticed was that the Game Finder settings had changed. Since I got the update I've been watching football all day and now I'm getting these notifications that such and such is starting etc. I didn't have this before 705 and I checked the settings on my Hopper and in notifications I have TV enhancements in off mode. I checked everywhere else and couldn't find anything to turn them off. Any ideas.
Do you have any favorite teams set in Game Finder? As long as you have any teams (or sports) selected, you will get those notifications five minutes before each game is scheduled to start.

I have an H3 and get the same messages and remember that I turned something on. BUT when I went to GameFinder to give you a step by step to where this is done, it's all screwed up. It first asked for me to set up what I had already set up. Then when I went in to set up since there was nothing, mostly, it couldn't supply teams to select and errored. There's a bigger problems here . . . now.
I hate that with each new software version of Game Finder, I get that pop-up asking me to select my favorite teams the first time I use Game Finder after the update. At first, this confused me, and I thought it had erased my favorite teams. Then I checked, and the Cleveland Indians still have a check mark, and I still get the notifications described above. I wish it would remember the setting to keep that Welcome pop-up turned off, instead of asking me to select my favorite teams again when I already have it set up the way I want it.

. . . I hate that with each new software version of Game Finder, I get that pop-up asking me to select my favorite teams the first time I use Game Finder after the update. At first, this confused me, and I thought it had erased my favorite teams. Then I checked, and the Cleveland Indians still have a check mark, and I still get the notifications described above. I wish it would remember the setting to keep that Welcome pop-up turned off, instead of asking me to select my favorite teams again when I already have it set up the way I want it.

That pop up has stopped today. But the strange thing was that it acted like a "new set up" instance, but all my teams were already and still selected even though.

Now there is a "number" select options panel when the "options" button, that was a "sort" select toggle, is selected at the top or the "Options" button on the remote is pressed. I like that a lot. Now if, as with the rest of the "Sort" options throughout the box, it would only stay in the setting that I select for sorting instead of reverting to a default.

Also until today all the College teams where not populating and the window says no information or the like. Now there's more info for NCAAF. Which is mostly complete, but NCAAB is empty.

Haven't found any other problems . . . yet. But I'm thinking that letting the update sit for a couple of day allowed it to "settle". That's strange and ironic that software would have to do that . . .

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have found that with each new software update to Game Finder, it is necessary to reboot the receiver to get the new Game Finder version to show up and work properly.

I have found that with each new software update to Game Finder, it is necessary to reboot the receiver to get the new Game Finder version to show up and work properly.

I did and do a "Pull the Plug" power cycle every time there is an update. That was done before I realized the Game Finder issues. It feels as if the Game Finder add-on/software was a separate download that happened in the background after the U522 was installed.

ALSO got Colored Button indicators in the lower OSD bar when the select button was pressed. They went away during the night. Not there now . . .

I'm getting the impression that this update isn't entirely "stable".

I did and do a "Pull the Plug" power cycle every time there is an update. That was done before I realized the Game Finder issues. It feels as if the Game Finder add-on/software was a separate download that happened in the background after the U522 was installed.
Yes, it is important to not only keep track of the Software Version, but also the Application Software. (This is found farther down on the Diagnostics screen.) When that number changes, there is a new Apps release. In this case, the Game Finder app was updated.

Yes, it is important to not only keep track of the Software Version, but also the Application Software. (This is found farther down on the Diagnostics screen.) When that number changes, there is a new Apps release. In this case, the Game Finder app was updated.

Interesting. But I am not seeing a specific call out for the Game Finder app. I know I'm looking in the wrong place.

Interesting. But I am not seeing a specific call out for the Game Finder app. I know I'm looking in the wrong place.
When you are in the Game Finder app (or any other app for that matter) press the Info button on the remote two times in a row. That will bring up a screen that shows the specific app's software version.

When you are in the Game Finder app (or any other app for that matter) press the Info button on the remote two times in a row. That will bring up a screen that shows the specific app's software version.

Thanks. I quit being a DISH geek a while ago and I don't follow all the ancillary stuff anymore. I'm just glad that it "works" for the most part. As with the Colored Button chart per release, is there a "Geeks General Button Pressing Guide"?

Reactions: pattykay
If this have been already reported, sorry. But then a little more info can't hurt . . .

A new development that we've never had a problem with. Grandma was watching a movie on her H3 off the H3 in the Media Room. The Media Room H3 is the "Main Base" unit. They got about half way through the movie and it started stuttering and they had a very hard time controlling the box trying to stop, resume, restart, skip or anything until they got to Live TV and the "connection" to the other box was not being used. Her box got U522 on 8/28 the other on 9/1. I haven't thought to check her box because the Media Room always gets the Updates first. So I did a "Pull-the-Plug" reboot and it was the same, if not worse. So I tried to watch a program from hers on the other. It started out OK, but a couple of minutes later the stuttering started and control is very difficult until you go back to "your" box. The programs play fine on the resident boxes. I would trust the info that is needed would be from the MoCA Stats, so I included a screenshot. If this is wrong let me know what I need to provide. BUT I grabbed it since it looks like it refreshes everyday.

Is this a U522 bug or something else. Although all the error numbers were 0, I saw that the "Down" times were probably the time it took for the Kitchen H3 to reboot.

mocastats.jpg

Are both receivers connected to the internet and both on the same network? That's a cause of Moca issues.
Are both of her receivers connected the way Dish says doesn't work - using a duo hub off a 42 Switch or separate solo hubs?

Reactions: pattykay
Are both receivers connected to the internet and both on the same network? That's a cause of Moca issues.
Are both of her receivers connected the way Dish says doesn't work - using a duo hub off a 42 Switch or separate solo hubs?

On the Internet part I learned when we first installed 2 HwS and a Joey that these boxes are network "Hogs" and "Disruptors". I knew the only way to get my network back to its "Quiet" "Efficient" self was to isolate each box with Address Reservations based on their MAC Addresses to "lock them in place". This was after they earned they names by continuously hopping all over grabbing different IP addresses. That is what I have done again here. The Media Room box is hard wired to the network and MoCA says things are fine. AND this was never a problem before the U522 update.

AddressReservations.jpg

Off a 42 Switch then a Duo Hub. That part of the install was done by a Field Supervisor and a Field Tech Trainer. That was the way they introduced themselves. During the "install" I was babysitting on the back side of the chimney handing and hold gear so the Trainer could work safer. And I cleaned things up after they were done and once the scheduled installer and his follower showed up and were done. The install was a back office nightmare.

I can easily check and change things. BUT they did connect the wing dish to the 3rd/Input port of the LNB and didn't mask the 129 horn on the 1K2. So when they left and before I closed up the access, I connected it to the 42 switch and capped the 129 horn with the bottom of a pop can. And once again . . . this was not a problem prior to U522. Although there were initial H3 to H3 playback issues that were resolved with recent updates.

New1k2Dish2.jpg

P.S.
Sorry for the continuous edits. Something is really wrong with the post editor today. Images are being handled differently and my original post was all chopped up with half of it missing.

That pop up has stopped today. But the strange thing was that it acted like a "new set up" instance, but all my teams were already and still selected even though.

Now there is a "number" select options panel when the "options" button, that was a "sort" select toggle, is selected at the top or the "Options" button on the remote is pressed. I like that a lot. Now if, as with the rest of the "Sort" options throughout the box, it would only stay in the setting that I select for sorting instead of reverting to a default.

Also until today all the College teams where not populating and the window says no information or the like. Now there's more info for NCAAF. Which is mostly complete, but NCAAB is empty.

Haven't found any other problems . . . yet. But I'm thinking that letting the update sit for a couple of day allowed it to "settle". That's strange and ironic that software would have to do that . . .
Do you have all the teams for NHL? I'm missing a lot of teams and hockey season starts pretty soon. May have to call Dish to see what's going on.

Do you have all the teams for NHL? I'm missing a lot of teams and hockey season starts pretty soon. May have to call Dish to see what's going on.

I'm showing only 8 teams and mine (The Avs) that was previously selected is there and selected. Even when it was really wonky and was asking for my to put my teams in, most were there and selected. So . . .

hockeyteams.jpg

On mine, I see 33 teams, including both the Arizona Coyotes and the Phoenix Coyotes. That can't be right, can it?

Nope. Just the Phoenix Coyotes. I know cuz I rode their Zamboni in Phoenix during an Avs & Coyote game. Family back home wasn't too happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)