ROUND 22

Saturday, August 24
Adelaide Crows vs. Melbourne Fox Sports 2
Geelong Cats vs. Sydney Swans Fox Soccer Plus HD
Carlton vs. Essendon Fox Soccer Plus HD
Sunday, August 25
Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs Fox Sports 2

check your guides for times in your area they are 16 hours + for me

I hope to see FS+ become FSC and be in the sports pack after the FXX change.

I would also like to see this called soccer in the info, not football. It shows up in the worthless Directv search when you search football but doesn't when you search soccer.

Except in the USA, where we have our Directv subscriptions, it is soccer and should be noted as such in the info for consistency. I am not saying they should write "Australian Soccer League 'Team @ Team' Sports, Soccer. (etc) in the guide. I think it should be "Australian Football League 'Team @ Team' Sports, Soccer (etc) in the guide to make the search more accurate. That's all!

Is this the same as Aussie Rules Football? If so I retract my statement. I have never heard Aussie Rules called Australian Football league, so my bad! I assumed it was soccer because, well, I just did. I will probably check it out.

Aussie Rules Football
is the best team sport on this planet. if you get hooked other team sports pale. 18 players a side some that run 10k+ in one game. no time outs,field size of 4 soccer 5 times NFL. tackling with no pads. and someone forgot to tell them white guys can't jump as they put their knees on other players shoulders to take flying catches they call marks that are rewarded with free kicks. kicks scoring thru the center posts are 6 points thru the side posts score 1 point.
enjoy

Aussie Rules Football
is the best team sport on this planet. if you get hooked other team sports pale. 18 players a side some that run 10k+ in one game. no time outs,field size of 4 soccer 5 times NFL. tackling with no pads. and someone forgot to tell them white guys can't jump as they put their knees on other players shoulders to take flying catches they call marks that are rewarded with free kicks. kicks scoring thru the center posts are 6 points thru the side posts score 1 point.
enjoy

Well, thats more info than I ever knew about that sport in 1 short paragraph ...

I've always called it Australian No Rules Football since I can't make heads or tails out of it.

Best damn game there is. No padding, no helmets, no downs, just go go go, only a few seconds at most for stops in the game, not like North American football.

I grew up in the land of OZ and been a fan of the game since the VFL (Victoria Football League) where the game was mainly played in the State of Victoria, Australia.

the only drawback to watching it here is the time zone difference, sorry but I can't stay up till 4:30am to watch a footy game live, I'm not a fan of recording games and watching them
on the dvr later, as I have my the Collingwood Magpies FC and the AFL on facebook and game results are posted, so it's no fun watching a game when you already know the score.
Anyhow I don't think I get Fox Sport 2 on Dish?

For the uninitiated

AFL Explained

AFL Highlights - Biggest Hits, Bumps, Tackles and Punches

AFL 2012 - The Year of Greatness

Last edited by a moderator:
so it's no fun watching a game when you already know the score.
i use to feel the same. but now in some sports i want to know if my team won before i spend what time i have left watching.
but i stay up for footy if i need a nap before they start i do it. retired now so...

Enlightening. Today I have seen the word footy 3 times. Never before!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)