Auto-Hop seems not quite as responsive lately?

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
When the auto-hop feature was first rolled out, it was pretty spot on. By this I mean that there was usually less than a 1 second overlap of the beginning/end of the commercial group. Now I've been noticing more and more lately that I'm seeing a good 3-5 seconds into the commercials. It ends on time (with the <1 second entry).

Anyone else notice this? I kind of wondered if it was in response to the lawsuits or something? Like if they showed us a few seconds of the commercial, they weren't "skipping" it or something? Still better than me having to do it myself, just an observation I guess.

i would report it to DIRT. probably a bug. There was a lot of stuff messed up around s213. Skip forward and back were broken for a few updates, but fixed in a recent one. I'm still seeing fast forward messed up at times.

When the auto-hop feature was first rolled out, it was pretty spot on. By this I mean that there was usually less than a 1 second overlap of the beginning/end of the commercial group. Now I've been noticing more and more lately that I'm seeing a good 3-5 seconds into the commercials. It ends on time (with the <1 second entry).

Anyone else notice this? I kind of wondered if it was in response to the lawsuits or something? Like if they showed us a few seconds of the commercial, they weren't "skipping" it or something? Still better than me having to do it myself, just an observation I guess.

i've seen the same behavior

One thing I noticed is when auto hop started commercials were skipped entirely. Now it seems like I am getting a few seconds of the commercial not sure if the networks are combating it in some way

I think it's to make it behave just like manual skipping - see the ad, hit skip after slight delay - along with other changes to beat the lawsuits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts