Auto-Hop seems not quite as responsive lately?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
When the auto-hop feature was first rolled out, it was pretty spot on. By this I mean that there was usually less than a 1 second overlap of the beginning/end of the commercial group. Now I've been noticing more and more lately that I'm seeing a good 3-5 seconds into the commercials. It ends on time (with the <1 second entry).

Anyone else notice this? I kind of wondered if it was in response to the lawsuits or something? Like if they showed us a few seconds of the commercial, they weren't "skipping" it or something? Still better than me having to do it myself, just an observation I guess.

i would report it to DIRT. probably a bug. There was a lot of stuff messed up around s213. Skip forward and back were broken for a few updates, but fixed in a recent one. I'm still seeing fast forward messed up at times.

When the auto-hop feature was first rolled out, it was pretty spot on. By this I mean that there was usually less than a 1 second overlap of the beginning/end of the commercial group. Now I've been noticing more and more lately that I'm seeing a good 3-5 seconds into the commercials. It ends on time (with the <1 second entry).

Anyone else notice this? I kind of wondered if it was in response to the lawsuits or something? Like if they showed us a few seconds of the commercial, they weren't "skipping" it or something? Still better than me having to do it myself, just an observation I guess.

i've seen the same behavior

One thing I noticed is when auto hop started commercials were skipped entirely. Now it seems like I am getting a few seconds of the commercial not sure if the networks are combating it in some way

I think it's to make it behave just like manual skipping - see the ad, hit skip after slight delay - along with other changes to beat the lawsuits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts