AutoHop works on events recorded before PTAT was enabled

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
I'm not sure if anyone cares about this, but it appears that AutoHop functions on events even if those events were not recorded by PTAT. I am about two weeks behind on watching shows. Last night I enabled PTAT on two networks for Friday only. Once this was done, suddenly all of my previously recorded events from the four major networks had AutoHop enabled. Neat.

Frank

monroef said:
I'm not sure if anyone cares about this, but it appears that AutoHop functions on events even if those events were not recorded by PTAT. I am about two weeks behind on watching shows. Last night I enabled PTAT on two networks for Friday only. Once this was done, suddenly all of my previously recorded events from the four major networks had AutoHop enabled. Neat.

Frank

Autohop is specific to programming not specific to PTAT.

Sounds like it. With this being the case, one should be able to use the feature without PTAT being enabled.

It isn't that it can't be done, it looks like it was chosen to only be applied to PTAT events. Other companies have also had this technology available for a while and they are not implementing it.

Yeah what I mean is why won't dish allow you to autohop non PTAT commercials.

AlphaWolf said:
Yeah what I mean is why won't dish allow you to autohop non PTAT commercials.

I would assume it may have something to do with relationships with providers or something along those lines. Auto hop was a huge feature and they may want to test the water for possible push back before thinking about releasing it on all content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)