Autoplay issues

I don't notice anything different, but I never noticed there was an auto play selection in the DVR menu.

After I watch a recording, it goes to a screen that has a list of all recorded AND on demand episodes of that program where I can select the next one to watch, delete the recording just watched or watch any of the listed "on demand" offerings.

It does not automatically play the next one but they are all listed there, both recordings and on demand, all you have to do is select one and press play.

here too. this may be the push I need to go full on to streaming and stop cable. One of the only reason I have it is because I can binge the stuff I have saved in my dvr, shows I cannot find on streaming. (I'm a wierdo who cannot sleep without the tv on in the background )

It doesn't even make sense to me .. who asked for this? Why kill a dvr feature to add an on demand feature?
I know it’s so frustrating! Why would they take it from the dvr features. Makes no sense. I normally use it to have a show keep playing while I’m going to sleep as well. Have to have the tv on too! It’s so annoying don’t get it why they took it away. Dish network put it back on dvr please!

Hello there! The Autoplay feature was removed from the DVR options folder and replaced with a Binge Watch feature in the on-demand folder. This feature will cue up the next episode automatically. You can find more information on this feature here MyDISH.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It wasn't bad enough that the autoplay feature NEVER worked properly (wrong play order, stopped randomly) but now it's moved to On Demand? DirecTv figured out this feature years ago, maybe you could ask them how to do it.

Just wanted to add my disappointment with Dish dropping the autoplay option from the DVR Managed files. Long time user even though it didn’t always play in the selected order. Reading this thread however it would appear that most users didn’t know about it. Difficult to understand why Dish chose drop it rather than just leave it as is warts and all?

We don't have any information on why, unfortunately. :confused: We'll pass on your feedback though!

You can also add this feedback, most of us that have crummy dish for cable because we can’t get decent cable or internet so we don’t have steaming available, so the on demand is something we can’t even think about using
Keep raising your prices and removing stuff we actually use…that’s how you keep customers, not.

I guess everybody has their own way of watching. I NEVER want auto play. I NEVER want to watch the next episode (not AUTOMATICALLY, anyway). So I'm not a fan of EITHER Autoplay or Binge. The solution is simple: Make both of the features available and make them CONFIGURABLE. That's not hard. Everybody gets their way. Personally, I NEVER want a DVR to continue playing.
I expect it to STOP and ASK me what I want to do. It's that simple!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)