Autotune Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

user92626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Hi,
I recently "discovered" autotune feature. I use it mainly for timer recording (with a dvd recorder of course.) The problem I am seeing is once the receiver is on, it won't turn itself off after the autotuned program ends. I feel it's a waste of electricity and receiver's lifetime. How do I do this?

It would help if you told us what receiver you are using!

Check for settings that tell the receiver to turn off after a timer has completed.

Assuming this is a non-dvr, the receiver never really turns off unless it is unplugged from the power anyway, so what electricity you might save would be minuscule, and would do nothing in the way of changing [significantly] the STBs MTBF*.

[*] In fact some argue it is better to have it on so there is little variance of temp, as variances of temp is what is thought to actually shorten the life of components, for example, if you leave a lightbulb on all the time, it's mtbf might be longer than that of one that is turned off and on all the time.

I think I have those latest standard non-hd non dvr receivers that are silver and have blue lights :)

I see that won't save "tons" of electricity and in turn the environment :) But those damn receivers become quite hot when on (with the blue light power on) for a while but completely ambient when off.

In the past week I received two of the D20-300 receivers and neither one shuts off after setting 'Autotune'. I talked with a Directv technician and she says that all new receivers are this way! I have found no setting to have them shut off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)