Received 3 new HD Channels Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcflesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Received 3 new HD Channels Today (not receiving before)

I currently have a package with Directv that supposively would not Offer UHD, HDNM, HDN and i had called and argue with them long ago about it (and would still not offer them) at midnight on the 16th I started receiving the channels, so is this new to the HD channels coming up , so i was hoping we would get the rest of the HD channels promised by *D today but nothing ... waiting for the 19th for the rest. or so i read from the forums;... at least theres some movement...

did any1 else started receiving this channels if they did not before?
check if u dont kno.

Last edited:
Yea i know they are not new.. thats y i said that according to the package i was getting from *D they would not want to give me those channels..even after long and long conversations chat with every1 possible and i mean yrs ago.. and now i started getting them in my HD package.. i had read somewhere in the forums about an extra package they were goin to do that was goin to cost about 4.99 to get those channels.. now im glad im getting them and if they will charge im glad i will not pay that.. so to me they are new HD channels and im sure some ppl had the same issue.

yes my package is real, real, really old.. i live in Miami so i have a package which provides me with a few more spanish channels (soccer games) ... its the "opcion ultra especial" which translates to ultra special option.. they do not offer that, but i still have the option to not change it, according to them i can keep it for as long as i want.. im paying much much less then and equivalent package to that one..

yes my package is real, real, really old.. i live in Miami so i have a package which provides me with a few more spanish channels (soccer games) ... its the "opcion ultra especial" which translates to ultra special option.. they do not offer that, but i still have the option to not change it, according to them i can keep it for as long as i want.. im paying much much less then and equivalent package to that one..
You should go on Directv.com and see if they did change your package,because in reailty they can change your package if your package is really old.They can make what ever rules they want.

i was told a about a yr ago when i first got it that cuz of my package i couldnt get them.. and i know some ppl that down here that wouldnt get it either... so maybe it was the area (i dont know).. just wanted to know if other ppl had the same issue?

This has something to do with D* realigning their packages... I had the HD package last year but cancelled it due to no content. Last week I started getting 74, 78, and 79 w/out the HD package. I think I've been grandfathered into the 4.99 HD extra pack. I plan on turning the HD access back on once the new channels go live!

I hope i dont have to pay the 4.99 extra, but so far i checked my plan and c nothing aboit anywhere

I have had this package for a few years along with HD programming and have always received UHD(Bravo before it was that) and the HDNet channels in my HD package.

If you were paying the $9.99 HD rate and did not have those channels, you were getting screwed.

I, along with you have opted to keep the Ultra Especial package as I am saving $9 per month for the same set of channels if I were on one of the Total Choice packages.

You should go on Directv.com and see if they did change your package,because in reailty they can change your package if your package is really old.They can make what ever rules they want.

Not necessarily true. I have a package that has been in place since 2000/2001 and has no current equivilant. When I go online and do a package comparison, it shows all of the current packages and then at the bottom it says that I have "Package X - which is no longer offered. I can choose to keep this package or up/downgrade to another package at any time, but that my current package will be unaffected. except by my own choices." or something like that...

I do not have the HD package and been getting these same three for a week now...I checked on DTV online and nothing has changed in my package...

I do not have the HD package and been getting these same three for a week now...I checked on DTV online and nothing has changed in my package...

you are now recieving the hd extra pack (free to all hd rcv until 12/15).

5 - the 3 now and MHD & Smithsonian starting later this week.

The $5 extra pack is free trial for all until 12/15, then optional.

Nobody seems to be sure about the grandfather status. There has been messages both ways as to whether current subs will have to pay the $5 extra come Dec 15.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)