Avast False Positive!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I decided to do a boot time scan before I went to bed last night which was set up to ask me what action to take. This morning it had stopped because it found a number of files infected with the Win32:Delf-mzg trojan. Half awake, I started deleting files [stupid I know]. With the scan at around 45% I jumped on my fiance's computer and looked this up. It appears that avast was producing false positives and this has been fixed in the last few hours.

When windows finished starting I was getting a message that my windows version wasn't activated. Apparently this info was in one of the files I deleted. I said a few choice words. Luckily I had a restore point from last night and I seem to be back in business.

I haven't tried rescanning yet.

I saw the same message this morning about the elf-mzg trojan from Avast. I ignored it and then updated Avast. No problems after rebooting.

I had the same problem. Deleted lot of files on my netbook. Stopped it with a paper clip reset, after googling. But makes me wonder if the the antivirus can't be trusted, which is worse to get a virus or delete phony ones on lots of files.

I had the same problem. Deleted lot of files on my netbook. Stopped it with a paper clip reset, after googling. But makes me wonder if the the antivirus can't be trusted, which is worse to get a virus or delete phony ones on lots of files.

It happens with all of the antivirus apps. I remember the same thing happening with McAfee and Symantec before. No antivirus app is 100% accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)