Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

I've been running a thermaltake mobile 2 fan on the left side of my 622 for probably 2 years now and I have not had any trouble from my 622 in all that time. I have it running slow enough to be nearly silent but it still pulls heat out of the unit. My current temps are:

High: 127
Low: 107
AVG: 116

New 722K

It just about 24 hrs old so thought I'd display the temps.
HIGH : 140
LOW : 77
AVG : 118

This unit is a refurb that I've just gotten, so my guess is the HIGH was set before I received it. It may have even been part of the reason that it had to be returned.

My fan is holding the top open. I've had it that way for a couple of weeks now. Its seems to be working.

Attachments

• 0715090807.jpg
    0715090807.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 489
I took the cover off of my 722 a few weeks ago and the average temp has dropped 5 degrees. Having the cover off provides more cooling than that little internal fan ever did.

It gets really hot in Phoenix no matter what I do.

My 722 is
High 134
Low 107
avg 123

The average was 125, but i put a small fan sucking out the hot air from the left side and it dropped to 123 in 36 hours. I guess i need to see about an actual computer fan.

It is in the wide open, no entertainment center or anything blocking it.??

I'm at
High: 138
Low: 123
Avg: 129

That seems a bit high to me. It's in an entertainment system with glass doors. I leave the doors open, for air flow, most of the time.

What kind of fans are people using to keep the temps down?

Avg of 129 is a tad high.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mobile-Fan-External-Cooling/dp/B00080G0BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1248295024&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan - Us: Industrial & Scientific@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qK1C-adTL.@@AMEPARAM@@51qK1C-adTL[/ame]

One of my 722s average temp is now 96. Installed dual cooling fans 28 June when the average got to 122. This DVR is in the kitchen setting out in the open on a little stand. Also the kitchen ceiling fan stays on 24/7. Room temp usually averages around 73. I think one reason this DVR is averaging 96 because it is never used to record anything, so maybe it isn't working too hard. What do you think Smith, P? See attached photo and attached spread sheet for all my DVR temps. All DVRs have dual fans pulling air out the exhaust.

Kitchen 722
High 107
Low 87
Avg 96

Attachments

• DSC02844.JPG
    DSC02844.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 167
  • DVR Temps-1.xls
    48.5 KB · Views: 106
One of my 722s average temp is now 96. Installed dual cooling fans 28 June when the average got to 122. This DVR is in the kitchen setting out in the open on a little stand. Also the kitchen ceiling fan stays on 24/7. Room temp usually averages around 73. I think one reason this DVR is averaging 96 because it is never used to record anything, so maybe it isn't working too hard. What do you think Smith, P? See attached photo and attached spread sheet for all my DVR temps. All DVRs have dual fans pulling air out the exhaust.

Kitchen 722
High 107
Low 87
Avg 96

Avg 96°F looks really good, definitely it could be a result of two pull fans; but if I could insert thermocouple inside of your 722 for verify LM75 measures ...

My 722 ends up needing to be re-set every day. Sits in a very open shelf under the TV, and I never hear the internal fan run, but do hear it while re-setting. I see other posts with higher temps than mine. Anyone having overheating issues? Do you also loose picture and sound and have to re-set? My temps are,
High-127
Low-95
Average 113.

issues

My 722 ends up needing to be re-set every day. Sits in a very open shelf under the TV, and I never hear the internal fan run, but do hear it while re-setting. I see other posts with higher temps than mine. Anyone having overheating issues? Do you also loose picture and sound and have to re-set? My temps are,
High-127
Low-95
Average 113.

It sounds like you need to dump to ext HDD then call E* for a replacement.

New 722K since Tuesday temps:

HDD High Temp: 132 deg.
HDD Low Temp: 84 Deg.
HDD Average Temp: 111 Deg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts