Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

Full power!

Current numbers are:

High 125
Low 105
Avg 111

Wierd how its changed for the worse
Is yours inside of a unit with doors? I have the same fan in the same spot on my 722, but it is out in the open and the fan running at full power would be too loud. I turn mine up just to the point I can hear it running, but I probably don't get the full benefit - my average is around 113.

Is yours inside of a unit with doors? I have the same fan in the same spot on my 722, but it is out in the open and the fan running at full power would be too loud. I turn mine up just to the point I can hear it running, but I probably don't get the full benefit - my average is around 113.

Yeah, its two doors on the front and a slit in the back. Only time I hear the fan is when nothing is on in the living room.

I've go the same setup as elwaylite but don't have the fan on full power. In two days, I've dropped 2 degrees from 122 to 120. Might boost the fan speed a bit but want to keep the noise down too.

Too bad it is an average instead of a current temp.

My original stats:
Hi: 132
Avg: 122
Lo: 113

My current stats (fan back right sucking air out):
Hi: 123 (-9 degrees)
Avg: 111 (-11 degrees)
Lo: 93 (-20 degrees)

Fan running 24/7

What temperare's would be considered too hot? Here are my results ...

HDD High Temp: 129 F
HDD Low Temp: 95 F
HDD Avg Temp: 109 F

It is in a cabinet but there is no glass on the front. The room usually stays in the 60's throught the day and night.

It is in a cabinet but there is no glass on the front. The room usually stays in the 60's throught the day and night.

I think a 109 avg is fine, its those 130+ avg's that seem high to me.

That doesn't seem to be a bad average. If you had a small cooling fan you'd lower those numbers even more, but it doesn't look bad like many other's are. I'd keep the average below 115 for good measure.

avg of 122 isnt great, but I would not freak out over it. Starts getting higher, you might wanna give it a fan or open it up.

We also dont know what temp does, or even if an avg of 130+ even matters. I do know, that mine having an avg of under 115, it has ZERO problems. That may or may not be temp related at all. I think the goal is, the cooler you keep it, the longer itll last.

Smith, P. has a good idea with his design for cooling 622/722, too bad Dish doesn't take it to heart. Still can't imagine it being better to have all of the unhappy customers than to use a good cooling design.
At this point I would like to keep the highest temp under 115 degrees for a normal long life of components including the hard drive but that is probably too much to expect from a company building the units.

Im not too worried about the high and low, but I think an avg under 115 is good. My tv runs 48 degrees C (118 F) and thats considered normal. I guess it all depends on where and how the temp is measured too.

Ok, 722k installed and here are my beginning numbers. I do have the 722k lifted about 2"'s (to allow more air flow underneath) like I had the 722, but I do not have the USB fan connected.

High 138
Low 80
Avg 107

Will check every day or so.

Smith, P. has a good idea with his design for cooling 622/722, too bad Dish doesn't take it to heart. Still can't imagine it being better to have all of the unhappy customers than to use a good cooling design.
At this point I would like to keep the highest temp under 115 degrees for a normal long life of components including the hard drive but that is probably too much to expect from a company building the units.

Dish is so cheap in HW development .. down to that marasmatic level, when they have no an engineer who could comprehend the air flow inside of DVRs and same time don't want to hire knowledgeable contractor for $10k job. But spending millions for dead lawsuits.:(
Their VP will die first, but will not buy my simple working idea of cooling the DVRs.

Well,

after 3 days, high is still the same but my average is now 111.

My 722K avg went from 111 when installed 2 weeks ago to 122 the past several days. No major change in ambient temp. and the box is completely open in an open style entertainment stand. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it continues to creep up.

Need advice on HD/ Hopper or something

Test RG6 for 3000Mhz using purchased Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts