Avoid pay early termination fee on my directv contract

Status
Please reply by conversation.

torcator

Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
South Florida
First of all I'm new at this forum so I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this thread, if not I would ask to a moderator to move it.
So, here is the situation... I'm a directv fan. I have the service since early 2009 and I was really happy with the programing and the technology....
I recently updated to the Genie and that product is really cool.
For working reasons I have to move to a new building, and here the association have an agreement with comcast, so they do not allow any other company on the building.
They claim that, since is this a building in front of the beach and has a lot of wind there is a security issue to place the dish on the wall of the building.
Also they don't allow to put it on the roof.
So I have no other option than follow that rules. I'm renting so I can't go and fight the association even if know that the FCC regulation are on my favor.

Even if this is not my fault Directv wants to charge me $400 early cancelation fee, I don't think is fare so do you think is there any way to avoid paying this fee?

thanks in advance....

First of all I'm new at this forum so I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this thread, if not I would ask to a moderator to move it.
So, here is the situation... I'm a directv fan. I have the service since early 2009 and I was really happy with the programing and the technology....
I recently updated to the Genie and that product is really cool.
For working reasons I have to move to a new building, and here the association have an agreement with comcast, so they do not allow any other company on the building.
They claim that, since is this a building in front of the beach and has a lot of wind there is a security issue to place the dish on the wall of the building.
Also they don't allow to put it on the roof.
So I have no other option than follow that rules. I'm renting so I can't go and fight the association even if know that the FCC regulation are on my favor.

Even if this is not my fault Directv wants to charge me $400 early cancelation fee, I don't think is fare so do you think is there any way to avoid paying this fee?

thanks in advance....

Welcome to the site !

The rule is 20 per month x how many months left on your 24 month commitment.

Does your apt face to the SW ?
Do you have a balcany ?
There are some options, you can mount on your balcony in your space.
Use a dish cover if you dont want anyone to see it.

talk to retention and see what they can do. Sometimes they can figure out a solution

But not to be a pr**k.....but did you not do your homework before moving? When I was moving out of my house and looking at apartments that was one question I asked (if I could keep my Directv) since I had about 15 months left

talk to retention and see what they can do. Sometimes they can figure out a solution

But not to be a pr**k.....but did you not do your homework before moving? When I was moving out of my house and looking at apartments that was one question I asked (if I could keep my Directv) since I had about 15 months left

Im with ya there brother!

Everytime a friend of mine moves, they do not check line of site, and call me for a free site survey and then I got to hear them bitch when they find out they are stuck getting Comcast.

If they won't let it go on the building or roof, what about a pole mount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)