AVOID SAT-SALES.COM - They are thieves !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
I ordered a 33' dish and SG1200 motor from them. They shipped only dish and insisted the motor was inside the dish package.

They insist i am lying.That they are pretty sure they shipped the motor inside the dish package. Now they don't pickup my calls or reply my emails. I am talking to my lawyer about this.

Please don't shop with them. They are trying to make extra bucks by stealing from buyers.

Did you check the package wasn't tampered with after you received it? It makes sense to file an insurance claim with the carrier in such cases, regardless whether you accepted or refused delivery. The shipper may contact the carrier about filing such claim as well. What carrier was it?

The shipping label in such cases is usually prepared by the shipper, and it can be just a regular label sample they always use, since the shipping rate used may cover broad weight variation. I wouldn't start such closer look from accusing the seller - first you'd need to gather some proof of wrongdoing on their side, or try to work with them to remedy the issue. I guess for the seller to file an insurance claim, the buyer would need to demonstrate that the box was tampered with in transit, and its hard to do, once you accepted it and it looked intact. But if it looked as being open and the driver also seen it, the buyer should report it to the carrier.

First, the dish comes in an almost flat (thickness of dish parabola) box that you cannot fit in the motor. Secondly, the weight they gave UPS is not the actual weight. They fill all the forms and just drop it off at UPS. UPS never verifies if weight is actual weight. Box arrived sealed with no signs of tampering. When i received it, i never realised the motor was missing until i started mounting the dish.
I am really really upset. I hate to loose a single dollar to anyone trying to cheat.

It is for this reason that i advice anyone to now shop with Sadoun or any of the sponsors of this forum

Too much stuff is out of stock on that website. That's a caution flag for me...

I would put the tracking number in the UPS website and see what it says the weight is.

Also, because the box is big, they might have applied dimensioal weight to the box. (you pay more for large boxes) So that could account for a larger weight being listed. You can play with the detailed time and cost tool on the UPS website to see. (Enter the box size and a estimated weight, or weigh the box and dish received.)

If the OP paid with credit card, that would ease my mind. Call up the credit card company to complain. They should handle this and get you your money back.

Last edited:
Do you think that a carrier's website would give the actual package weight as opposed to weight indicated by the shipper?

I think, to process a charge back, a credit card company would need some evidence of wrongdoing on the seller's side, or request to return the complete package (I guess it would mean including the motor ;)) to the seller, and will process charge back upon package delivery confirmation to the seller posted by UPS.

Another option would be to see if there are similar records on local BBB site about that seller. If their record is clean, it may be a hard call, since some buyers may also harass sellers with damaging publications. Who knows... I wonder if he can measure the dish carton to see if the motor carton can feet into it.

Last edited:
I think, to process a charge back, a credit card company would need some evidence of wrongdoing on the seller's side, or request to return the complete package (I guess it would mean including the motor ;)) to the seller, and will process charge back upon package delivery confirmation to the seller posted by UPS.

Another option would be to see if there are similar records on local BBB site about that seller. If their record is clean, it may be a hard call, since some buyers also may harass sellers with damaging publications. Who knows...

In my personal experience with credit card chargebacks, the burden of proof is on the seller. I would assume that the OP could say, I purchased item A for $xx.xx and did not receive it. And they would process the chargeback for that amount. They usually issue a provisional credit immediately and only reverse it if the seller can absolutely prove they met their obligations.

I had an experience where I paid for a year of a service and only got 2 months of it. I called the credit card company and complained. They returned the money for the unused portion of services and handled it from there.

Of course, OPs experiences may differ.

Well, I guess if all components were listed in the waybill separately, the waybill and delivery confirmation are about the only proof a small seller can provide short of testimonies, unless they can request the actual measured weight from UPS. But if the dish package can not fit the motor package without big distortion that would be noticeable by the UPS driver, that's a different story. ;) Anyway, for a 3-d party its hard to say who is telling the truth in such circumstances without corroborating details.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.