AWS-East API having outage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
All sorts of stuff quit around 10:30 this morning. https://news.google.com/search?q=Amazon issues&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en My SiriusXM account became unlinked form my Amazon account, and I can't relink it. (I can't stream SiriusXM. My TP-Link Kasa smart switches can no longer be controlled. My friend in town can't get his daily news briefing. His friend in Ohio can't play her playlists. What a mess!

Can't download a book to my Kindle.

Meetup must use AWS since they have been unavailable most of the day.

I hope Prime Video is back later on so I can continue what I was watching last night.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, I read Prime Video was down as well.

On the plus side, my Kasa smart switches suddenly started working again. First I noticed my Alexa routine had turned on the porch light at sundown. Then my voice commands to my internal wall switches started working. My Amazon smart plugs always worked.

I am still unable to stream anything via the SiriusXM Alexa skill. It claims my two accounts are no longer linked and it won't let me link them. :mad: That's a pisser since I got a new Echo just before this outage.

Anyone want to place bets on who caused the outage? China, Russia, someone else... Wasn't the POTUS meeting with Putin today? LOL

Reactions: c-spand
Ring and Sensi are down as well.

Anyone want to place bets on who caused the outage? China, Russia, someone else... Wasn't the POTUS meeting with Putin today? LOL

My money is on a dude who pounded a few back at lunch today and then got carried away on his backhoe and cut a fiber backbone.

• Love
Reactions: primestar31 and TRG
Last 8 years of my working life, I was a senior network operations tech and worked in a Fortune 100 company global NOC. Spent 12 hour shifts watching monitors and SAP processes for issues. Both Windows servers, Unix servers, etc. I've seen the entire world effectively go down, due to NOTHING more than a hubs fiber getting cut in Texas, and other places due to STUPID construction companies doing STUPID things.

Sometimes, it doesn't take a whole lot to affect a LARGE amount of customers. I would very much agree thatthe internet hubs have gotten far too concentrated, when it needs to be spread out much more.

My TP-Link Kasa smart switches were not controllable via Alexa for at least 6 hours. Then that came back, but I still could not link my SiriusXM and Amazon accounts. I went to see my daughter's concert, and now that I'm back, that too is working again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)