AZBox and Vbox X, Anyone Else Seen This?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
OK so I've been adding positions to my AZBox that are on my Vbox X to make it auto run to the satellite when I pick a channel I want to watch. Every now and then it kinda horks up and I wind up with a limit reset to somewhere in the middle of the arc and I couldn't figure out why until just now. I was standing in front of those boxes as I had been scanning some sats and when I pressed a key (don't remember which one) on the AZ remote I noticed that the readout on the Vbox X switched to the low limit setting??? I tried to move the dish east and sure enough the east limit had been moved and I was stuck there until I canceled the limits in the Vbox X and reset them?

So what i figure happened is that there's a key stroke on that AZ remote that also activates the limit settings on the Vbox X!

Anyone else had the limits change on your Vbox and not known how they got changed? This might be the reason.

* Also,it seems it's only the East Limit that is affected on mine.

Mine is doing the exact same thing, ie, east limit only? Gots to figure out which key stroke on that AZ remote is doing that?? Either that or move AZ and the Vbox further apart, which isn't a good option.

It's a known bug, we are working with Opensat on getting it resolved ASAP. Happens everytime you do a blind scan, the east limit will be set at the current dish position when using DiSEqC 1.2 for satellite positions. For now, to workaround this issue, you can turn off your V-Box before doing a blind scan and turn it back on after.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Yup, come to think of it the last time this happened was just after I did a blind scan on 137W. Thanks for that info as I hadn't seen anything posted about it until now.

Im guessing that since i have the motor control off for settings on the AZ box and just using the vbox to control the dish i wont have the problem listed above?I was planning on using the reciever to control the dish this spring using DiSEqC 1.2 but now i may just wait and see if this bug gets fixed.

Stanley it's not that bad and it's an easy fix to clear the East limit. On my dish I set the east limit switch in the actuator to stop the dish just past 37W so I have no real need for the Vbox limits. Two pokes with a paper clip and hit the enter button and that limit is cleared.

I can tell you that if you go ahead and set a few satellites in that AZ it will spoil you and you'll wind up with more and more of them programmed. I just love mine! ;-)

Hi all,

I'd like to add that the same thing happens with my G-Box V3000.

I scrambled for about 3 hours the first time, tracing the problem to my AZBox!

It's easy to prevent or reset now, but I'll be grabbing the FW fix as soon as it comes out!

Cheers.

Every time I scan in a new Satellite that crazy East Limit comes in. What I do to clear it - is to go into DiSEq 1.2 then Reset Limits, Store Again and Reboot the AZbox without going out of the DisEqC 1.2 Mode, and the AZbox Reboots back to Settings Mode then all is well, - East Limit is gone.

My AZBox turns the Vbox X power on and off and it's not possible to turn it off if it's connected through the receiver coax. I suppose I could unplug it but it's easier for me to just clear that East limit from the remote. In fact, last couple of times it happened I didn't even reset limits in the Vbox since I have the mechanical limits set in the arm itself with the limit switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)