AZBox Editor - MazEdit 3.0

I take it that this is just a channel editor. I tried to streamline the sat list to what I can actually see but the sat list deletions don't get uploaded with the modified channel list.

any one know how to add a channel using maz ? i cant seem to find a way. i was having having issues with manual pid entry and found that there is no way to add a channel using maz that i could see.

crackt out,.

I take it that this is just a channel editor. I tried to streamline the sat list to what I can actually see but the sat list deletions don't get uploaded with the modified channel list.

Johnnynobody,

In order for the changes (deletes) to go into effect, the box needs to be rebooted. It should do this automateically, but if it doesn't, hold the STB power button down for 4 or 5 seconds until it does. Some of these operations are quirky and may not always provide the desired result initially, but lately I have been having good results with what I have been trying. The deleting of stuff seems to be quite easy. Channel, TPs or sats. Adding stuff is a little perplexing, I am trying to figure out the "how-to" now. I am not having much luck adding channels manually, but adding sats and TPs is fairly straight forward.

RADAR

Last edited:
Johnnynobody,

In order for the changes (deletes) to go into effect, the box needs to be rebooted. It should do this automateically, but if it doesn't, hold the STB power button down for 4 or 5 seconds until it does. Some of these operations are quirky and may not always provide the desired result initially, but lately I have been having good results with what I have been trying. The deleting of stuff seems to be quite easy. Channel, TPs or sats. Adding stuff is a little perplexing, I am trying to figure out the "how-to" now. I am not having much luck adding channels manually, but adding sats and TPs is fairly straight forward.

RADAR

It did reboot after the upload. Didn't change a thing as far as the sat list goes. I recall that there was a website where a sat list could be created and then uploaded but I don't remember the url and I still haven't found it with a google search.

Just remember the last couple of patches including 9.4980 that I am using are confirmed that IPTV will corrupt you AZBOX and there will be lost of sats, transponders, and erratic behavior. I added an IPTV channel manually and got it to show, but then I lost most of my C/Ku channels when I powered down and powered back up.

Either there's something wrong with the editors or something got messed up in the Azbox. I tried renaming the all_channel.dat and antenna_list.dat in the Azbox /DISK2 directory and uploaded the new channel and antenna list but after a reboot I found that nothing changed. I guess I'll have to try a factory reset. :mad:

Either there's something wrong with the editors or something got messed up in the Azbox. I tried renaming the all_channel.dat and antenna_list.dat in the Azbox /DISK2 directory and uploaded the new channel and antenna list but after a reboot I found that nothing changed. I guess I'll have to try a factory reset. :mad:

if those files are processed the same way as the http_steams file then i think you will need to factory default then load your files and then reboot. it seems to be the way the iptv file works. with the newer firmwares that break iptv it appears as if the http_streams file is processed even if there are iptv channels and they are added a second and third and etc time each time you reboot.

crackt out,.

I have ver 3 installed and appear to be connected to my Ultra however don't see any channel lists and not sure what to do at this point. I can see recordings on the hard drive so I know I am connected. Is there any sort of (Ultra ;)) idiots guide for the Maz? Any special settings or configurations in the Azbox menu? About the only thing I've been able to do is transfer a recording from the Azbox to the PC

Last edited:
at the risk of talking to myself.... I figured out how to get the channel list from the box. Its definitely a cool little program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)