Azbox elite blind scan

grampaw_anderson

Original poster
May 6, 2008
Dumb question but this box has scrambled what was left of my mind is the scan all frequencies the same as blind scan on the elite ??
I have the very latest software from the other day but basically this thing can not seem to find its way out of a paper bag yes lots of other good things but the lack of a reasonable guide on how to use all the functions this thing makes old-timers pull out what is left of there hair. . Is there a group that writes software in Linux that could write software to make this thing just a damn good FTA sat receiver ? and eliminate alot of the function no one uses:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Thanks Grampaw

grampaw_anderson said:
Dumb question but this box has scrambled what was left of my mind is the scan all frequencies the same as blind scan on the elite ??
I have the very latest software from the other day but basically this thing can not seem to find its way out of a paper bag yes lots of other good things but the lack of a reasonable guide on how to use all the functions this thing makes old-timers pull out what is left of there hair. . Is there a group that writes software in Linux that could write software to make this thing just a damn good FTA sat receiver ? and eliminate alot of the function no one uses:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Thanks Grampaw

Hate to tell ya but its not the same as blind scan, if u want blind scan u need the 2 newer models

the elite blind scan is about as useful as a comb is to me :);)

you're limited to one symbol rate per blind scan which is useless in my opinion. Thats why I use a Coolsat 5000 and load the TP's that are HD or 4:2:2 into the AZ box

Iceberg said:
the elite blind scan is about as useful as a comb is to me :);)

you're limited to one symbol rate per blind scan which is useless in my opinion. Thats why I use a Coolsat 5000 and load the TP's that are HD or 4:2:2 into the AZ box

But not dvb-s2 (hint hint)

correct. But I'm mainly KU Band so there's not much on KU that is S2 :)
Seems to me that if you aren't searching for S2 channels on Ku that this could be the reason that you think there isn't much there. :rolleyes:

Actually there are LOTS of S2 transponders on Ku, but since with my Elite I can't really effectively blind scan for them easily, much of it goes by without finding out what's there. But I found a bunch of music channels and a cable type news channel on Ku S2 transponders just in the past 2-3 days, and occasional video stuff shows up there too. I'm really thinking about picking up some S2 blind scan receiver soon, but can't decide which.
I can find high SR S2 channels via a spectrum scan with my Broadlogic 1030 to find the freq and analog baseband to SW to find SR, but this takes about 17 min for the freq scan, and 2 or 3 minutes to determine each SR, so it isn't very convenient.
I've only tried the "blind scan" on the Elite once, on a sat where I knew that there were a couple transponders with a certain SR there to find, and it didn't find them, so I never tried again. However it later occurred to me that perhaps it didn't find them because I already had those transponders entered in the transponder list manually? So I'm curious for those who use the Elite's blind scan, what does it do when you already have a transponder in memory? Perhaps I should try it again.
But yeah, the Azbox doesn't have a "true" blind scan, but a single SR blind scan CAN come in handy when looking for a specific channel that always uses the same SR, particularly on Ku. On C-band, if I'm looking for something that uses say 29270 or 30000, I can find those without blind scan in about 3 minutes by listening on my SW while flipping through the channels, but since Ku channels are kind of non-standard on most analog receivers, you can't do that on Ku. So I really see the Azbox blind scan most useful on Ku.

Thanks Guys Just what I expected.I will get out my old pansat or coolsat and use them as I am limited to ku band for now

Grampaw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts