Azbox Elite - where & price

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I've heard so much about the Azbox Elite that I would like to add it to my Christmas list this year. :)

Where do people recommend I buy one and for roughly how much do they sell for?

I performed a search, but came up with suppliers who I've never done business with before.

Why don't any of our gold sponsors sell them like AV Satellite, Sadoun, WS International?

Is Scott giving one away at this years Satellite Guys Christmas Party? :)

I see on ebay there are two sellers, both have the same price, same shipping costs. One has 100% rating the other one does not. I would like to buy one, but it is not in the cards right now financially.

I bought my Elite from the seller azboxusa on ebay. If you look carefully you''ll notice that they have listings for the Elite with $15 for shipping and $20 for shipping. Needless to say I opted for the $15 shipping. :D

They shipped it priority, I had it in two days. No complaints here. Mine had an unseated cable connection for the front panel, but from what I hear that's very common.

I got mine from Ricks, but since then the price has gone up...

I do wish one of our sponsors had them, but I understand that working with AZBOX and getting product is not the easiest thing in the world.

I got mine from Ricks, but since then the price has gone up...

I do wish one of our sponsors had them, but I understand that working with AZBOX and getting product is not the easiest thing in the world.

I got mine in June from Rick's, but it was at the current advertised price. Definitely cheaper on ebay, but whether it's worth the diff to have a US presence for hardware support is a subject that could be debated forever. Kinda like an extended warranty on a car. It's wasted money, unless it saves you money /aggravation. Flip a coin .
:)

azboxhdusadotcom is giving away a coffee cup on there website with purchase.

dunno bout price tho. but id like one.

Attachments

• pic_1.jpg
    pic_1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 197
If you get one of the "Brazil' units available on eBay for $239, they do not come an instruction book or with a 120VAC power cord. Mine came with firmware version 0.9.2238 and the networking didn't work. To get the unit running, you'll need a replacement AC cord, such as a Philmore No. 2464P ($2.49 at Fry's) and download the latest firmware from AZBox Daily Snapshot
Another tip... you won't be able to see any video after boot up unless you connect a video monitor to the composite video jack. Then you'll need to change video from PAL to NTSC so you can see a cleaner screen. :cool:

Another tip... you won't be able to see any video after boot up unless you connect a video monitor to the composite video jack. Then you'll need to change video from PAL to NTSC so you can see a cleaner screen. :cool:

To add to that tip; you can use the 'resolution' button on the remote, and the LED on the box to navigate to a compatible format for any output.

In my case, the resolution button had no effect on the video output even though the front panel LCD indicated changing to composite. Some firmware versions such as 0.9.3877 simply refused to load after formatting the application area, but would work properly otherwise if loaded over existing firmware. Go figure! :eek:

I dont think any of the azbox units have the US power cord. Mine came with a adapter to go from the European plug to a US plug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts