AZBOX HD ELITE or PREMIUM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm aware it's not listed in specs, but lots of onlineshops here in Europe report it...

see
german official retailer Elite Premium
italian official retailer Elite Premium
french official retailer Elite Premium

unfortunately I can't post pictures of AZ board as I don't have the STB yet (I'll get it mid september, still have to sell my QUALI)

btw I'm Doubting Thomas as much as you;), so I just wanna see myself the chipset too...

Don't trust retailers - if we have original manufacturer [official] site with different spec - that would be primary source.

We are posted differences - why you are not decide by yourself basing on that ? We don't know your habits and preferences or cannot read your mind ;).

.......hmmmm. :rolleyes:I see the differences, and they are all good, but still thinking.

Like azbox.com?

Exactly.

"OPENSAT, Lda. Was established in 2007, starts like small familiar company, with small amount of capital, operating exclusively like trader, however with the course of months this profile was drastically and faster changed.
Today at 2009, only 3 years later, OpenSat have a strong and stabilized financial situation, own R&D that developing full High end Media Centers, with many advanced functions, like YouTube interface, Web-Browsing, intuitive HD GUI interface, Media Player with support for last HD codecs, Plug and Play tuners, GOGO List function.

The combination with advanced and unique features in market and one fast after sales service make possible develop our current and potential client into long term partners, and together we are making or own brand (AZBOX) one top world brand at Set Top Boxes market available in major countries of Europe, North America and South America.

We have fair distribution policies all times focus in protect our distribution network, based in the goal of make our distributors strong make us strong, we need all our distributors, bigger and small to continue grow up! Come and grow with us! "

yep, I guess it's just the chassis that's different... :confused:

Their has been talk, that the AZ has been clone. an from what I have read the difference is in card reader an the mother board does not have "Centrum" on it.

so that may be what people are seeing these differences. clone maybe??

after all look back in time with Pansat an Coolsat when they where hot with the eye patch boys, they also got clone, so it does not surprise me that people are seeing different looking models.

an I am with Smith on not trusting retailer, they just want to get a sale an will say any thing to do so.

Their has been talk, that the AZ has been clone. an from what I have read the difference is in card reader an the mother board does not have "Centrum" on it.

so that may be what people are seeing these differences. clone maybe??

after all look back in time with Pansat an Coolsat when they where hot with the eye patch boys, they also got clone, so it does not surprise me that people are seeing different looking models.

an I am with Smith on not trusting retailer, they just want to get a sale an will say any thing to do so.
I do not think there is a clone for the AZbox.If it is
could you post a link showing the AZbox clone?The european satellite forums do not mention anything about the box being cloned.

I do not think there is a clone for the AZbox.If it is
could you post a link showing the AZbox clone?The european satellite forums do not mention anything about the box being cloned.

While we are on the subject of clones, I thought I would take some close up and detailed pictures of my AZBox Elite since I purchased mine on Ebay from the seller in Florida a couple of months ago.

My box does not have the word "CELRUN", nor does it have "CENTRUM". It has a Draco Card Reader, a Draco tuner, and a Draco M/B.

It's not that I wouldn't have bought it from Rick at Rick's Satellite, in fact I asked him if he could do something on his price for me. After all, I have bought a new Diamond 9000Hd, and a new Vantage 1100S from him in the past 4 months. Rick couldn't help me on his price, so I saved the $80.00 and bought it from the other seller.

I would have posted on Rick's forum, but the pictures are above his size limits. SatelliteGuys is the only forum that will allow you post full size and full resolution pictures if necessary. Those on dial-up, beware, these are full sized photos.

My pictures are below, and if someone who bought theirs from Rick, please post pictures so we can compare, I would appreciate it.

azbox-mb1.jpg azbox-mb2.jpg azbox-mb3.jpg azbox-mb4.jpg azbox-mb5.jpg azbox-mb6.jpg azbox-mb7.jpg azbox-mb8.jpg

While we are on the subject of clones, I thought I would take some close up and detailed pictures of my AZBox Elite since I purchased mine on Ebay from the seller in Florida a couple of months ago.

My box does not have the word "CELRUN", nor does it have "CENTRUM". It has a Draco Card Reader, a Draco tuner, and a Draco M/B.

It's not that I wouldn't have bought it from Rick at Rick's Satellite, in fact I asked him if he could do something on his price for me. After all, I have bought a new Diamond 9000Hd, and a new Vantage 1100S from him in the past 4 months. Rick couldn't help me on his price, so I saved the $80.00 and bought it from the other seller.

I would have posted on Rick's forum, but the pictures are above his size limits. SatelliteGuys is the only forum that will allow you post full size and full resolution pictures if necessary. Those on dial-up, beware, these are full sized photos.

My pictures are below, and if someone who bought theirs from Rick, please post pictures so we can compare, I would appreciate it.

View attachment 40617 View attachment 40618 View attachment 40619 View attachment 40620 View attachment 40621 View attachment 40622 View attachment 40623 View attachment 40624
What is the black square thing on top of the silver heatsink in your pictures?I don't have it on my azbox elite.

My opinion, is that it is simply a spacer to help hold the case up. :)
Ok,the one that i have looks exactly like yours inside and out.I don't have the spacer but everthing else is the same.I bought mine from Rick.I am not able to find any cloned azboxes via a web search.

I bought mine from Rick, it has the "spacer", everything else looks the same, with exception of the last 3 digits on the white sticker in Pic #1.

Submitted without comment (because I am gonna take the high road)

Attachments

• IMG_4437.JPG
    IMG_4437.JPG
    654.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4435.JPG
    IMG_4435.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4436.JPG
    IMG_4436.JPG
    615.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4434.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG
    512.6 KB · Views: 126
I see no one of the receivers had a disk.

Is that IDE [ATA] connector with sort of terminator connected ? Anyone did try to connect a PATA disk to that ?

linuxman, the size wasn't big enough :) ... I can't read a label on that Spansion TSOP flash chip.
Could you please post it ? Should be likes S99-xxxxx or 29GLxxxx.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts