Azbox HD Plus stop receiving S2 channels

N2bnfunn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
My House
I have a weird problem I have a Azbox Plus box the box was working fine able to get all the S2 HD such as ABC on Galaxy 16 and CBS on Galaxy 28 now I can't receive either ABC HD or CBS HD I will receive signal for like 1 min
but I can't lock on ONLY THESE TP'S. All other on that satellite lock on fine.

This what I have try so far: I reformated and did a factory defualt reload starting with firmware 4879 I have try every firmware from 4879 and up.

I have bypass all my switches I am getting good signal on all other TP's on Galaxy 28 and Galaxy 16 on both V and H.

S2 signals are weaker and need a perfect alignment. It might be that your dish moved a little out of alignment. Go check your dish.

It is not that I not getting a S2 signal I am not locking on the signal in other words the signal will show 82 and go to zero. Then a minute later go to 82 to
zero.

I had something like that happen once which I fixed by reflashing the firmware, which I realize you've already tried. Have you tried erasing all channels and then a blindscan on the sat of interest to see if your feed come in OK?

Thanks and see I try a fresh channel list and did a blind scan I was able to get CW HD on Galaxy 28 but not CBS east or west

yeah but that is not making sense... if the signal was TOO LOW then it would not go from 80's for 1 min and then go to zero and both Galaxy 16 and Galaxy 28 but all the other tp's I never lost signal? Just always 80's never any lower.

does this issue occur only on those satellites? any issue with the NBC HD feeds? It still sounds like a firmware glitch. If all else fails, I'd load the latest firmware, do a complete system reset, repoint at Galaxy16 or 28 and do a Blindscan and see if that resolves it.

Hey I think Putney was right I went back yesterday and check the signals on both Galaxy 28 and Galaxy 16 the signal were not as strong as they been, due to the tree's in the summer time.

Thanks again for all your help!