Azbox HD Premium Plus - RTV East - Tuff TV

donaldelee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
After having to make 83.0 W out of the Brazil satellite, I was able to do a blind scan, and receive AMC-9/3F. However, nothing I do will bring in RTV East, or Tuff TV. I have a 90cm reflector with an Invacom LNB. I have received it in the past. I have had a corrupted satellite list, and deleted the 83.0 W.? ? ? All assistance is appreciated!

After having to make 83.0 W out of the Brazil satellite, I was able to do a blind scan, and receive AMC-9/3F. However, nothing I do will bring in RTV East, or Tuff TV. I have a 90cm reflector with an Invacom LNB. I have received it in the past. I have had a corrupted satellite list, and deleted the 83.0 W.? ? ? All assistance is appreciated!

Donald,

Yes, we all know your dilemna. Your problem has been discussed many times over. Your troubles are well known by others.

You will have to enter the TP and channel information manually.
FREQ 11735 MHz
SR 4444 KS/s
POL Horizontal
TYPE DVB S/QPSK
FEC 3/4
PMT 37
SID 2
VPID 38
APID 39
V/A type both MPEG-2

RADAR

Azbox HD Premium Plus - RTV

AcWxRadar,
Thanks! Last night I finally figured it out! After I had attempted to blind scan repeatedly, and attempting to do a manual scan, I changed the DVB settings, and wow, I noticed the quality show! Your post was right on point!
Thanks!

along that same line, I am trying to pull in the RTV feeds that are on AMC-3 at 87w using a azbox ultra HD.They are at 3800 H and at 4080 H. I am seeing the channels when i scan but when trying to view them i get a pixel broken part of a picture and then it goes to no signal. I have the settings on dvb-s2 8spk. not sure what the problem is. Any help would be great.

Billy,

If you are capturing a glimpse of these channels, then your system parameters are set properly, which leaves your alignnment and proper dish size/LNBF to be scrutinized.

What size dish are you utilizing? What type of LNB/LNA do you have installed? Is this a motorized system? How well are the rest of your C-Band satellites and channels coming in?

I am not a guru for C-Band stuff, so if this goes beyond the generalities of dish alignment and size and good and proper cabling / connectors, then I won't be able to help much. I can only address the obvious things. Before you adjust anything physical, double and triple check your cables and connectors, ensure that they are up to par. Then, confirm that your dish antenna is properly suited for the EIRP for this satellite in your location (is it large enough to amplify the signal?). Can you tweak the polarization of your LNB/LNA to improve your signal quality? Without reducing the signal from other sats?

If you can verify all of the above, then that just leaves an alignment issue. If you have a BUD, then you cannot easily flex the dish to identify your alignment error as you can with a smaller Ku-band dish. You will have to use the tips from the C-Band gurus.

My gut instinct is just a wee bit of an alignment problem. That is without really knowing your whole system, of course. If you provide more details, that will help.

In the future, please provide more information regarding your system components. That will help us help you. Give us every detail that you can offer, just don't make a novel about the story.

RADAR

Billy,

If you are capturing a glimpse of these channels, then your system parameters are set properly, which leaves your alignnment and proper dish size/LNBF to be scrutinized.

What size dish are you utilizing? What type of LNB/LNA do you have installed? Is this a motorized system? How well are the rest of your C-Band satellites and channels coming in?

I am not a guru for C-Band stuff, so if this goes beyond the generalities of dish alignment and size and good and proper cabling / connectors, then I won't be able to help much. I can only address the obvious things. Before you adjust anything physical, double and triple check your cables and connectors, ensure that they are up to par. Then, confirm that your dish antenna is properly suited for the EIRP for this satellite in your location (is it large enough to amplify the signal?). Can you tweak the polarization of your LNB/LNA to improve your signal quality? Without reducing the signal from other sats?

If you can verify all of the above, then that just leaves an alignment issue. If you have a BUD, then you cannot easily flex the dish to identify your alignment error as you can with a smaller Ku-band dish. You will have to use the tips from the C-Band gurus.

My gut instinct is just a wee bit of an alignment problem. That is without really knowing your whole system, of course. If you provide more details, that will help.

In the future, please provide more information regarding your system components. That will help us help you. Give us every detail that you can offer, just don't make a novel about the story.

RADAR
Thanks for the reply. After reading your input and another post of the same problem, I am inclined to agree with that. The dish is a 11 foot 24 panel alum. I am in the central part of the country so the eirp is high. All of the other signals are fine. I just replaced the lnb with a new one and probably need to tweek it a bit. These days a good signal meter on the receiver is hard to come by so really a good quality tuning meter might be worth the investment. Again thanks for your input.

on the azbox elite you need about a 58-60 quality to keep the signal stable. I can get the 4080 TP just fine at 60 quality and the channels lock
The 3800 TP blinks a 51 quality then back to 0 and I cant lock those......Yeah I know I need a bigger dish (the 6 footer aint cutting it on those) ;)

on the azbox elite you need about a 58-60 quality to keep the signal stable. I can get the 4080 TP just fine at 60 quality and the channels lock
The 3800 TP blinks a 51 quality then back to 0 and I cant lock those......Yeah I know I need a bigger dish (the 6 footer aint cutting it on those) ;)
Ice i am running that old big dish so i should be ok. I am probably going to need to peak it out some more. I just got a Ultra HD in the mail today. So far all the other stuff is smokin except for the RTV channels on AMC-3. The signal level is high but the Q level is low. I'll let ya know what I find out. I may buy a good meter to help peak the antenna. I saw a few of them on one of the auction sites. Can you say which one would be the better of them? Thanks.

Oh hey another quick question. The firmware version on this new Ultra HD is 09.4001. Do I need to update that ?
And a odd thing, On the channels in question in the setup mode the signal is 82% but the Quality is showing zero. That seems odd that it is not showing any strengh in the Quality meter.

Last edited:
along that same line, I am trying to pull in the RTV feeds that are on AMC-3 at 87w using a azbox ultra HD.They are at 3800 H and at 4080 H. I am seeing the channels when i scan but when trying to view them i get a pixel broken part of a picture and then it goes to no signal. I have the settings on dvb-s2 8spk. not sure what the problem is. Any help would be great.
While you are setting on that frequence/sr, attempt changing the DVB-s2, and as you change it from one setting to the other, give it a minute or two, and see if the quality does increase. Mine did!

Oh hey another quick question. The firmware version on this new Ultra HD is 09.4001. Do I need to update that ?
And a odd thing, On the channels in question in the setup mode the signal is 82% but the Quality is showing zero. That seems odd that it is not showing any strengh in the Quality meter.

yeah I'd upgrade to the newest. If you have it hooked to the internet just do an internet upload. If not here is where you can download them
AZBox Snapshots

and save to a thumb stick drive and load it via USB

yeah I'd upgrade to the newest. If you have it hooked to the internet just do an internet upload. If not here is where you can download them
AZBox Snapshots

and save to a thumb stick drive and load it via USB

Thanks Ice. Will do.

Bill,

I would recommend upgrading too, for everyone. The most current version available is 0.9.5020 and that was released quite a while ago, middle of August I believe.

I honestly never noticed any major changes in operation with the updates in firmware files. I have installed every firmware version that came available since I bought my first AZBox which had 0.9.2238 in it. If we all have the same version, that will ensure that we are all on the same page when discussing problems and operations.

I do not recomend that you install the E2 (Enigma 2) firmware, though. Not yet anyway. That will probably be the next step for us, but they have many bugs to drive out still. I am giving that project some time to mature, although I am continually monitoring their progress.

RADAR

As I was advised in the above post No.2

Donald,

Yes, we all know your dilemna. Your problem has been discussed many times over. Your troubles are well known by others.

FREQ 11735 MHz
SR 4444 KS/s
POL Horizontal
TYPE DVB S/QPSK
FEC 3/4
PMT 37
SID 2
VPID 38
APID 39
V/A type both MPEG-2

After I changed it to DVB S/QPSK[/U][/B] the channels came in. You stated yours was dvb-'s2'. I would change the setting. I believe you will receive the desired channels then.

Don,

In this case, Billy is trying to pull the RTV channels off the C-Band sat at 87.0°W and they are DVB-S2/8PSK signals. You and I are getting the Ku-Band signal from 83.0°W which is DVB-S.QPSK.

It is an easy thing to trip up on.

RADAR

AcWxRadar,
Thanks! I am constantly over looking little things in the Azbox. After all, it is a real learning curve. Umm, I never fail to learn something! I thought it was a little thing that was being over looked!
Thanks!

Bill,

I would recommend upgrading too, for everyone. The most current version available is 0.9.5020 and that was released quite a while ago, middle of August I believe.

I honestly never noticed any major changes in operation with the updates in firmware files. I have installed every firmware version that came available since I bought my first AZBox which had 0.9.2238 in it. If we all have the same version, that will ensure that we are all on the same page when discussing problems and operations.

I do not recomend that you install the E2 (Enigma 2) firmware, though. Not yet anyway. That will probably be the next step for us, but they have many bugs to drive out still. I am giving that project some time to mature, although I am continually monitoring their progress.

RADAR
Radar, Thanks. Will get that U/D and flash it.

As I was advised in the above post No.2

Donald,

FREQ 11735 MHz
SR 4444 KS/s
POL Horizontal
TYPE DVB S/QPSK
FEC 3/4
PMT 37
SID 2
VPID 38
APID 39
V/A type both MPEG-2

After I changed it to DVB S/QPSK[/U][/B] the channels came in. You stated yours was dvb-'s2'. I would change the setting. I believe you will receive the desired channels then.
Don I am getting the RTV channels on AMC-9 ku with no problem, As Radar stated it's the ones on AMC-3 C that i'm having a bit of trouble with. I aquired an openbox s9 and have been able to get the ones on the stronger TP's with that unit.

billyboy,
Glad when you get them! I know that you will like them! I do! The wife, and I watch the Tuff TV a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)