AzBox ME android

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lilo74

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
laredo,tx
hello, there is nothing in the info on ANDROID AzBox ME?and is final, that never will be. or there is HOPE?:coffee

hi lilo74 :welcometo our forum. unfortunately Sigma (the manufacturer of the processor chip in the ME) stopped all support for Android. IMHO don't hold your breath till it happens.

hello, there is nothing in the info on ANDROID AzBox ME?and is final, that never will be. or there is HOPE?:coffee

Unfortunately, there is no way that we or anyone else can afford completing the Android firmware on AzBox Me as this receiver was discontinued prematurely due to a manufacturing hardware defect impacting about 30% of all units. Firmware development costs time and money so unless there is an alternate revenue source other than receiver sales available to resume funding this project, it won't happen. :(

Last edited:
and why not make a user support, to continue the project?volunteer support, each user AZBOX Me,would be a good choice

The Azbox Titan is out now with Android ICS ( likely a clone). They are being sold on Ebay and Amazon. Looks like most are heading to the South American hacker market.

Catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)