Azbox ME problems

I stand corrected then. I don't have the ME model, but it sounded from the previous dialog that it might have a fan.
The Premium and the Premium Plus models both do.

RADAR

I believe the misunderstanding started here when Charlie posted about finding the fan in his receiver... Charlie has the Premium Plus not the ME. Just a case of wrong thread for the info posted for the receiver in question.

Because the ME has the capability of using one of several different firmware images it is not an easy receiver to give specific help on unless the poster also says which image and version they are using. It is different then the other Az receivers and everyone who has bought one has stated it is quite a different learning curve to get used to it plus the added fact that the firmware for this receiver is not yet finished. People have described the firmware on the ME as "fragile" at the present time. This is not saying that the ME is not a good receiver just a very different one and will require a whole new learning process. Everyone I have heard from says the PQ is just stunning on this receiver. Once the masses get the firmware sorted out I believe this receiver will find it's niche.

Maybe the forum needs to have the Az section redone to give these new receivers their own sub forum so they do not get mixed up with the other Az receivers.

While nothing is perfect, I much prefer the single AZbox forum as is here rather than how it is done on Ricks. As a common OS (E2 and AZtrino) now exists, there are too many topics which are relavent accross the different model receivers and fragmenting the information would be IMHO detrminental.

While nothing is perfect, I much prefer the single AZbox forum as is here rather than how it is done on Ricks. As a common OS (E2 and AZtrino) now exists, there are too many topics which are relavent accross the different model receivers and fragmenting the information would be IMHO detrminental.

You make a valid point that too many subforums is not a good idea as it can confuse the less technically inclined. At the present time and until Android is released later on this year, AZtrino is the only OS officially supported by us and Opensat for the AzBox Me. We are working hard in improving AZtrino so that at least early adopters of the ME have a stable firmware for North American use and appreciate everyone's feedback here at SatelliteGuys. News on any new AZtrino NA firmware versions will be posted here first!

Best regards,

pwrsurge
AzBox Canada

You make a valid point that too many subforums is not a good idea as it can confuse the less technically inclined. At the present time and until Android is released later on this year, AZtrino is the only OS officially supported by us and Opensat for the AzBox Me. We are working hard in improving AZtrino so that at least early adopters of the ME have a stable firmware for North American use and appreciate everyone's feedback here at SatelliteGuys. News on any new AZtrino NA firmware versions will be posted here first!

Is AZtrino for HD boxes still in development or are we EOL (or may i should say SOL ;) ?

Is AZtrino for HD boxes still in development or are we EOL (or may i should say SOL ;) ?

You mean Elite/P/P+/ and Ultra? Yes it is still under development but it is currently not ready to act as a replacement for the original firmware quite yet functionality-wise but there is a developer working hard on it. An AzTrino NA edition for these models will soon be released once it is ready.

The only reason to purchase an Az is for the 4:2:2 functionality. To me the AzboxME is a like a Dreambox with the ability to blindscan and display 4:2:2 because it basically runs the same images/firmware. The Me build quality seems a bit on the cheap side compared to the older models. The Me PSU is like one from a cheap chinese dreambox clone!
Until the firmware matures I'll stick with my Fortis/UltraPlus for blindscanning and if there is a 4:2:2 feed I'll pull it, or the Azbox Ultra out.

Leroy

What to do?bought zbox me and he was not working properly disconnectedSeeking a reason for hanging off the Internet and remote Receivers3 days of exclusion testing each node Receivers can not understand what was going onI wrote looking satellite channels and in 2-10 min res for anything not respondingand the old core 10 - 30 minutes and the same situationbut as a way iptv watch movies and spend hours on the nStreamVOD and everything is normalcontinue to look for the cause off the Internet and remote hang Receiversmay be overheating CPU cycles?can be factory marriage?

Have they put a fan in yet? Does it get "put" in a hot cabinet? Replace which tuner? Add to power supply? Would you like such a new model gift wrapped?

Not all power supplies are cut above; and in design for a single box; what more could you ask for or find to use? However, I bet you may be able to record the problem; using your dvr, live!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts