AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition v2.02 firmware

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AzBox Americas is proud to announce the release of firmware version 2.02 for the AzBox miniMe American Edition.

This release includes all the enhancements from the recently released version 2.00 but includes the following bug fixes based on SatelliteGuys member feedback.

Bug fixes:
  • Changed USALS longitude and latitude fields from 6 to 4 decimal places for easier entry and corrected crash which took place when invalid values were entered.
    Issue reported by KI7FK - Thank you!

• Fixed issue with certain transponders not scanning in during blindscan even if they were detected.

• Fixed issue where certain high bitrate H264 channels such as NBC west on 103W were breaking up.

• Fixed issue when changing the audio channel on certain transponders was not switching to the proper audio PID right away.

• Fixed Internet update when in safe mode.

• Other miscellaneous fixes.

Enhancements:
  • Slightly increased channel changing performance.

Please note that since this firmware version is in KFL format which includes the kernel, it is NOT possible to preserve user settings during the update so we strongly recommend backing up your current user settings to a USB flash drive before updating. Once the update is completed, the backed up user settings can easily be restored without any issues which will restore everything including configured satellites and scanned channels.

To backup your all your system settings which includes dish configuration and scanned channels, go to:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Backup system configuration after connecting a USB drive to the unit.

Restoring your system backup including dish configuration and scanned channels is just as easy:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Restore system configuration then select your time stamped backup file off your connected USB drive.

*** IMPORTANT*** During the upgrade procedure if upgrading for version 1.86, you will be prompted towards the end of the process if you wish to "Preserve user settings during firmware update?". YOU MUST ANSWER NO TO THIS QUESTION IN ORDER TO PROPERLY COMPLETE THE UPDATE!!! If upgrading from version 2.00, this message won't be displayed so you don't have to worry about it.

Available for download now via the Internet update function on network connected receivers or download via our support page on azbox.ca or azbox.us to install using your USB flash drive.

Have fun and happy feed-hunting for new year's eve feeds!

Last edited:
I have a minime enroute from DrSat now. Will I need to update it when it arrives and will I be able to do so via internet update on the unit? Thanks.
It depends when you made your order but I do know that most of our dealers usually always install the latest firmware on receivers as a courtesy before shipping them. Firmware can be updated either via the Internet by having your receiver connected to your network or by using your computer to download the firmware file on a USB flash drive and bringing it over to your receiver.

Last edited:
  • Fixed issue where certain high bitrate H264 channels such as NBC west on 103W were breaking up.

• Fixed issue when changing the audio channel on certain transponders was not switching to the proper audio PID right away.
Forgot to mention that these resolved issues were also reported by Mark2074. Thank you as well!

Great, Thanks. The order was made on December 24th and I'm not sure when he shipped it. Probably won't have 2.02 on it but I will update it as soon as it arrives and then hook it up.

I had so many rebooting issues with 2.02 software that it was not pleasant to watch so i decided to try 2.00 software.
I have to say that i'm super satisfied with 2.00 no more rebooting fast channel switching quality bar on 91West is back.
After 8 hours still no issues and it's better than 1.86 i dont think upgrading to another software i will keep 2.00 as long as it work fine.
Bobsav2001 VE2FCZ

Received the unit today. Not having any luck with 4:.2 channels. Loaded the latest 2.02 F/W and unit is locked up at "starting azbox" screen. I am not sure if I should unplug it at this point or what. Any help here would be great. Thanks

Received the unit today. Not having any luck with 4:.2 channels. Loaded the latest 2.02 F/W and unit is locked up at "starting azbox" screen. I am not sure if I should unplug it at this point or what. Any help here would be great. Thanks
Whew...got past that with a reset of power. If anyone could help me with the 4:2:2 channels that would be great. Not seeing them when scanning on G28. Othewise unit seems to be doing good on all other satellites.

Sent email to Dr Sat no reply. Can pwrsurge help? Did 2.02 update but box not working after update.

I am having an issue with frequent restarting (rebooting). It only seems to do it when I change from one satellite to another. Does fine when just changing channels. Anyone else having this problem ?

Please, will you guys knock it off?!? You don't see me posting stuff like this such as Brian still owning a portion of Satellite AV / Glorystar or even bashing Titanium products because that's not my style so I respectfully ask for a little bit of respect!

There's only a handful of people out there developing products for true FTA in North America as it is a niche market. We should all respect and be grateful for the time, effort and money being invested by these few individuals as we all have one common goal of expanding the legal Free To Air market in North America.

Seriously, do you honestly think that any company would consider entering into this market after reading the crap that some of you guys are posting? For the sake of ensuring continued growth of true FTA in North America, please stop bashing the people who are working hard to support it!

Thank you for those of you who are smart enough to understand.

I am having an issue with frequent restarting (rebooting). It only seems to do it when I change from one satellite to another. Does fine when just changing channels. Anyone else having this problem ?

We are already aware and were able to reproduce this issue. It is not related to changing satellites but rather tuning certain transponders. This is already fixed in firmware version 2.03 which is currently undergoing final testing and will be available very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: billyboy_1
Guys let's not make this something it isn't. I was not bashing. I was simply asking a question. I forgot that Serge had put Dr. Sat in his wife's name.
Don't so quick to judge.

Reactions: ynnedibanez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts