AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition version 1.15 firmware

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
We just released version 1.15 of our firmware for the AzBox miniMe American edition. It includes the following enhancements over our previous 1.10 (i.e. 1.1) version:

- Reverted to the same DVB drivers we were using in version 1.0 due to stability issues.
- Blindscan start and end frequency values now correctly default to the maximum frequency range based on the configured LNB type used by the currently tuned satellite.
- Manual transponder scan now has the currently tuned satellite and transponder selected by default.
- Changed Provider channel group scan mode factory default option to "Leave current" in order to prevent confusing people.
- Changed Scan type factory default option to "All services".
- Organized Antenna setup options into groups in order to simplify configuration.

This release also includes the following enhancements brought over from version 1.10 which we now have removed from our server:
- Added audio chime when receiver boots up or resumes from standby. This fixes the issue with certain high bitrate feeds pixelating such as CBS by properly initializing the multimedia drivers.
- Assigned default remote control buttons (i.e. |<< and >>|) in order to page up or page down the channel list.
- Blindscan range now automatically uses valid default values based on the current satellite's configured LO value. For C-band satellites, 3700 to 4200, for Ku-band satellites using a standard 10750 LNBF, 11700 to 12200 and for a universal Ku-band LNBF, 10700 to 12200.
- Added SatelliteGuys Radio to the online radio player for some GREAT holiday tunes.
- Added option to sort channel list by channel number. When the channel list is displayed, you may use the green button to sort channels either alphabetically, by transponder frequency, by satellite and now by channel number.
- Miscellaneous cosmetic and bug fixes.

Please note that after exiting the video or recordings player to watch satellite channels again, there might be a delay of up to 30 seconds before the media drivers releases control back to the tuner so please be patient. Also once you exit back to TV mode, the channel you were previously watching might not come back until you change to another channel and back again. This is a multimedia driver issue and we are waiting to get updated drivers from Sigma in order to fix this issue.

You may install this update either via USB by downloading the firmware file from the
support section of our website or using online update if you have your receiver connected to the Internet.

IMPORTANT: This update can ONLY be installed on the AzBox miniMe American edition. Firmware won't flash on non American edition miniMe devices.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Yes, all seems OK here too. One thing when you exit Radio Mode back to TV mode it soft reboots with the chime, is this correct?

This is correct. Actually, it does not do a soft reboot but simply plays back the chime in order to reinitialize the multimedia drivers as certain high bitrate feeds break up if the multimedia drivers are not reinitialized first after coming out of radio mode. Once we get new multimedia drivers that fixes this issue, the chime will be removed.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Had to do a safe-mode reboot and grabbed 1.15 version. Now all I have are eastern satellites. Should I put version 1.0 back on again or is there a NA sat list?

Catamount

Okay, got back western sats with safe mode version 1.0. I'd say you put the wrong sat list in your new firmware. LOL

Last edited:
Had to do a safe-mode reboot and grabbed 1.15 version. Now all I have are eastern satellites. Should I put version 1.0 back on again or is there a NA sat list?

Catamount

Okay, got back western sats with safe mode version 1.0. I'd say you put the wrong sat list in your new firmware. LOL

Yes, sorry about that. Copied the wrong satellite list when I compiled the firmware. A workaround for now is to answer yes at "Preserve settings..." when upgrading from version 1.0. Will post a new version very soon in order to correct this issue.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I can't scan anything. Anytime I choose a satellite either in manual scan or blind scan the box reboots. :confused:

Yes I was able to reproduce this here as well. It only happens if the satellite you are trying to scan has no channels scanned in yet and automatic satellite scan is not impacted. There's a last minute change that we had to make in order to correct another non-related issue but by doing so, it created this issue instead. :eek: It was not caught before our 1.15 release as we never tested scanning a new satellite again after the last minute change as all our testing by QA was already done for this release. Sorry about that.

As Murphy's law states, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". :D

Correcting this plus the satellite list as we speak so expect version 1.17 to be released tonight.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
blind scan no good to many problems bugs and more bugs .The best 1.0.I don't have quality problems but I had to unplug the box few times on the blind scan.Butt happen on the 1.0 to_On the manual scan no problems.Audio only problems on the 137 west and two channels on the Hispansat

Last edited:
I like this box, and I believe with a lot of input, we can help to rid the bugs. So, here are a few:

Tried a couple of ecoda 22khz switches. Could not get quality using 12700 on LNB switch offset.

Internet radio; station played, stop and pause didn't work version 1.10. Had to unplug box

Internet radio; picked a PEI station, did not play, box hung, had to unplug box. version 1.0

Catamount

Ok, version 1.17 is now available.

This includes the following fixes:

- Crash when selecting different satellite than currently active one in manual transponder scan and blindscan now fixed.
- issue with updating process now resolved.
- Correct American satellite list now included.

For this update, you will most likely have to use safe mode as described in the handout that came with the receiver as the issue that was resolved also impacted the updating process. However, in order to preserve your channels and settings, you will first need to do a backup on a USB drive as follows:

Settings -> Manage settings -> Image-Settings: Backup
You will then have to select your USB device in the media folder and all your settings including channels, antenna setup and user preferences will be backed up to your USB device.

Once version 1.17 is installed, you may then restore your channels and settings by doing:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Image-Settings: Restore
and then selecting your USB device in the media folder and your backup file.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I don't find 1.17 at azbox canada

Sorry, it was late and had forgotten to update the link on our website as well. This is now fixed so you can now download the new firmware from our website if you prefer updating via USB.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)