AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition version 1.15 firmware

Looks like they have pushed the me to the back burner on updates it all mini me now.

We did not abandon development on the AzBox Me and in fact, we are ahead of OpenSat's development as they don't even have a version of AzTrino using the new 3.3.1 kernel yet. However, hijacking miniMe threads like this won't get anywhere and is actually considered as poor netiquette so please refrain from doing this in the future.

It is true however that our development efforts are more focused on the miniMe at this time as it is the only AzBox model still in production. Most distributors around the world including us at AzBox Canada have been sold out of the AzBox Me for quite some time now and I believe Rick's is probably one of the few who has remaining stock.

Please realize that hiring experienced developers for firmware development is not cheap and the only source of revenue to pay for these people comes from device sales so it makes perfect sense to focus our development efforts on devices which currently provides us with revenue.

With this being said, we are still supporting the AzBox Me by releasing regular updates of our AzTrino North American Edition firmware when we have the chance to do so with our current resources.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Looks like they have pushed the me to the back burner on updates it all mini me now.

Sounds like he summed it up quite succinctly.

It is true however that our development efforts are more focused on the miniMe at this time

Yup. Back burner.

Please realize that [...] it makes perfect sense to focus our development efforts on devices which currently provides us with revenue.

And thus, Me development is a non-priority. We get it. You sure use a lot of words to completely agree with someone.

It's a loss, for Me owners and you, pwrsurge, that there couldn't be a more compatible hardware platform on which core code development can be shared.

Do you think you might offer a trade in program? I regret my AzBox Me purchase, always have. Earliest public record, only from August of last year, is here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/290457-Items-I-wasted-money-on?p=2972836 (but be assured I was disappointed long before that.)

I at least hope you don't treat miniMe users like this once the next thing comes along. Save some of the money from this round, or get better firmware engineers, or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)