AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition version 2.00 beta firmware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You were able to see and select the miniMe_AE_v200beta.kfl using the receiver's file browser right?

You were able to see and select the miniMe_AE_v200beta.kfl using the receiver's file browser right?

Yes, i clicked it, and it started the update progress and in the middle of it after the messages i posted above it game me the error. Now i cannot get into SAFEMODE any more. :ballchain

Great firmware PWSURGE. My box appears to be completely locked out. I cannot get into SAFE MODE. I cannot get into REGULAR MODE. NOTHING. No apparent signal coming from the HDMI.

Does the power button LED light stay solid blue all the time when waiting for the unit to boot or does it turn orange for a few seconds after about 20 seconds into the booting process?

Does the power button LED light stay solid blue all the time when waiting for the unit to boot or does it turn orange for a few seconds after about 20 seconds into the booting process?

Yes, it turns orange for a few seconds during the boot process. So, what's the verdict?

I even tried another SDcard. Same error. I am doing the update from Safe Mode.
Did you use a USB flash drive or actually an SDcard inside a USB reader? We only tested the USB update method using either a flash drive or external HDD so not sure if using an SD card would cause any issues.

It was a sdcard in a cardreader plugged into the USB. It is the same way i upgraded the firmware before without any incidents.. So, what does the orange light mean? Is my unit dead?

No clue what the IP address was/is
Look in DSEdit to find out the IP address you last configured. If you can't find it or the address does not work, look in your router's administration interface to find out which DHCP IP address was assigned.

I was using the Internet option, it went all through the flashing process, global progress was nearly complete, then the picture went black as though it was re-booting, and I have not seen a picture since on 2 boxes. Sounds like your box is doing more than mine iboston, because mine won't even turn orange in the boot process!

Last edited:
I ran a search via the router and it wouldn't pick up the Azbox. I have had the MiniMe almost since release, I have always used the Internet option to flash firmware from the very first release and have never had any issues, until now!

I've never seen my box turn orange upon rebooting.

Just tried it on 1.86 firmware and it is working, no orange light anywhere upon boot. Is this some new thing? Or more crap !

I've never seen my box turn orange upon rebooting.

Just tried it on 1.86 firmware and it is working, no orange light anywhere upon boot. Is this some new thing? Or more crap !

It's a feature that was added with the kernel introduced in this firmware so you have to be part of the 2.0 club to get it. Kind of like Alpine Lager in the Maritimes... you got to live here to get it!

Well, regardless of seeing blue or orange, i still seem to have a PAPER WEIGHT.

Yeah, I have 2 paperweights. I don't see why this firmware can't be flashed in the manner we do it Europe through the interface that comes with these boxes from the factory, at least if something goes wrong with the flash it can be erased by using the 'normal', 'recover' button at the back. I think Surge said in the past this was faulty and didn't work which is rubbish, I have used it on my other Minime a few times.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts