OTHER New member needing help with X2's M-1 receiver

Bobrm2

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Arkansas
I've two new, one is about six months old, X2 m-1 receivers. I believe that somehow the TV mode has been switched from NTSC to PAL. Now, I have brief flashes of video, unable to identify where I am on the menu, even to the point of not being able to use the menu. No way to re-set to factory de-faults etc.

Have taken a video of the flashes, and have the menu frame, but my un familiarity with the program is a hindrance

Have contacted the Chinese manufacture, they wish an exact purchase date, serial number insufficient, and a copy of my invoice.

I've provided proof that the purchases are both within the one year guarantee time limits. They don't need my address, all that is needed is the way to return to factory defaults.

So, has anyone had the blinking video/black screen problem, and could you tell me how to re-set the "X2 M-1" receiver to factory.

Or, recommend an American made receiver that will me the ability to selectively view two or more satellites. I'd like Galaxy 19 and AMC1. Seeking religious programming, news that I can view, making my own decisions, and Classical Music.

You assistance most appreciated, sorry of the length of this post.

Regards,

Bob.

I've two new, one is about six months old, X2 m-1 receivers. I believe that somehow the TV mode has been switched from NTSC to PAL. Now, I have brief flashes of video, unable to identify where I am on the menu, even to the point of not being able to use the menu. No way to re-set to factory de-faults etc.

Have taken a video of the flashes, and have the menu frame, but my un familiarity with the program is a hindrance

Have contacted the Chinese manufacture, they wish an exact purchase date, serial number insufficient, and a copy of my invoice.

I've provided proof that the purchases are both within the one year guarantee time limits. They don't need my address, all that is needed is the way to return to factory defaults.

So, has anyone had the blinking video/black screen problem, and could you tell me how to re-set the "X2 M-1" receiver to factory.

Or, recommend an American made receiver that will me the ability to selectively view two or more satellites. I'd like Galaxy 19 and AMC1. Seeking religious programming, news that I can view, making my own decisions, and Classical Music.

You assistance most appreciated, sorry of the length of this post.

Regards,

Bob.
Hi Bob! :welcometo Satellite Guys! Do you have a working remote for your X2 M1 available?

I do have, first thing I checked, to see if the remote was bad.???
OK, I have an old M1 here. Try this.
Unplug the M1 for about 30 seconds (This will reset menu to default position - otherwise it remembers where you were in menus).
I know you will be working blind here - hopefully yours is the same as mine. Plug unit in (display should be on).

• On remote press Menu
  • Then press Right Arrow 4 times
  • Then press Down Arrow 3 times
  • Press OK
You should now be in the video format selection, use left or right arrow to switch between NTSC/PAL/AUTO. If all goes well and it was just changed to PAL, you should be able to get back to NTSC. If it doesn't work, unplug and try again. If it still doesn't work then it may be another problem. Good luck!

Some additional info Bob. If you want to try a factory reset:

Like above, unplug the M1 for about 30 seconds then plug back in (display should be on).

• On remote press Menu
  • Then press Right Arrow 4 times
  • Then press Down Arrow 5 times
  • Press OK, then press OK again
That should do a factory reset.

Ok, got it done, with the help of a video camera. It was set to PAL as I suspect the older one is. I'll pass the fix to several others in my area that have the same problem. Will also look at the spec's of the Aniko. Thanks to fast response

Bob

Ok, got it done, with the help of a video camera. It was set to PAL as I suspect the older one is. I'll pass the fix to several others in my area that have the same problem. Will also look at the spec's of the Aniko. Thanks to fast response

Bob
You're welcome! Glad you got it working. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)