Azbox PAL default resolution remote mistake

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
I believe this has been covered somewhere on here , but the search option isn't much help tonight.

Using remote in the dark and accidentally hit Resolution by mistake which really sucks , not the first time but somehow I blindly restored it in the past now you think I'd learn by now to be more carefull.

My TV is a standard analog since I haven't jumped on the HD bandwagon yet , as sweet as the new LED HDTV are I'd like to wait a while longer before getting one and I'm pretty frugal so only if 1 of our current tv's breaks down will I actually venture out to get one.

I am currently using MOVIE mode on the AZBOX to watch AVI files , I can get it to play a file , now here's where I would like help using the remote to get tv back on track since my screen is rolling and distorted.

Button number 10 ( AZBOX PDF MANUAL page 22) is the menu button , once pressed how many times should I go down pressing arrow down button and once I hit OK button do I go right arrow button OK and so forth until resetting TV to NTSC and so forth.

Step by step help would be great , any help is appreciated.

LAK 7 thanks for replying.

I was able to get it back to NTSC , somehow the resolution button being pressed actually made my TV fart , I swapped out the tv to my trusty Commodore 64 TV monitor fron 1983 and I could see the TV clearly went to proper setting and switched RCA cables back to TV and the picture was still rolling and unwatchable until I went thru the input setting on my TV which reset my screen , so somehow the AZBOX sent a signal to my TV which made it act goofy.

Now this accidental PAL setting has happened to me before on the AZbox and other STB's.

Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed by summer outdoor work in my yard , but I do promise to get my FTA stuff up and running in the near future , need a new motor since my Stab HH100 crapped out , and I have mixed feeling about what I've read on the DG380 eventhough it seems that a faulty screw was what was causing the problem, just need to make certain that motoring east to Hispasat 30w wont be an ongoing problem.

Thanks again for the reply , oh and the firmware is actually original from the get go , have yet to update it , worked perfectly with the S-2 stuff on Hispasat a while back but have never tried the HD stuff since needing a new motor.

Jay,
"Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed by summer outdoor work in my yard , but I do promise to get my FTA stuff up and running in the near future , need a new motor since my Stab HH100 crapped out , and I have mixed feeling about what I've read on the DG380 eventhough it seems that a faulty screw was what was causing the problem, just need to make certain that motoring east to Hispasat 30w wont be an ongoing problem."

I've used my DG380 with 1.0M dish to hit 30W, and return to 105W, just recently. This is a motor I recently replaced the screw in. There wasn't any strain in bringing the dish back up. That may reassure you somewhat . I also have a STAB hh120 on the shelf, in case heavy lifting becomes a problem.
:)

Keep in mind that the Channel / Sat Lists are not compatible between different Firmwares.

Yeah, I've noticed that. I have had to rescan every single TP on every single sat every time I upgrade.

Is that lame or what? :mad:

Hey guys,

I don't quite understand this problem you are stating about the channel/sat list compatibility with various versions of firmware. I started out with version 2371 or 2372 and have tested every single one that was released since then (all the official releases as well as all the daily snapshot versions) to date and have never had my list be fouled yet. I have even gone backwards to older firmwares on occasion without troubles.

I don't mean to take this into an off topic tangent discussion, but I wanted to make mention of my results. Now, I have been using the Premium model until just very recently. I am now working with my newly purchased Premium PLUS. Don't know if there is too much of a difference between the Elite, Premium, Ultra or whatever else, but I detect no problems in this regard with the Premium.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts