AZBOX AZBox premium HD+stuck on welcome, booting,checking,loading,then black

SaulDM

Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
USA
Just purchased AZBox premium HD+ tried 0.9.5400 with renamed patch.bin and with patch
can not get system menu or any display on TV screen with RCA or HDMI cables.
Please give specific details on how to setup box for first time.
How do I get link to updated 0.9.5402 cant find it.
Thanks in advance

Just purchased AZBox premium HD+ tried 0.9.5400 with renamed patch.bin and with patch
can not get system menu or any display on TV screen with RCA or HDMI cables.
Please give specific details on how to setup box for first time.
How do I get link to updated 0.9.5402 cant find it.
Thanks in advance

Saul,

It sounds to me that your AZBox's "resolution" setting does not match your TV. You will have to set this up and it is what all new owners of this box usually must do otherwise the screen is just blank (black).

Simplest way is to just look at the front panel display on the AZBox and follow the step by step selections. i.e.

Press RESOLUTION button on the remote after the system finishes "loading".

Then use the ? / ? buttons to scroll through the selections of COMPOSITE / COMPONENT / SCART / HDMI as required for your TV's input type. Press OK when you see the one you need. Unless you bought one of those weird overseas TVs, you won't have SCART here in the US.

Then use the ? / ? buttons to toggle between PAL and NTSC modes. Press OK when the proper selection is displayed. You'll certainly be using NTSC here in the US unless, once again, you bought one of those weird overseas TVs.

Last, use the ? / ? buttons to scroll through the selections of 480i / 480p / 576i / 576p / 720p / 1080i / 1080p. Press OK when you land on the proper selection for your TV. Note: You may not see all these options depending upon which input and mode you set previously.

If you are not sure what your TV uses, you can just try a few combos until you get it right. You'll know when you have it right and you can change it easily at any time in the same manner.

RADAR

If it is the resolution setting this is an easy way to go from PAL to NTSC.

Reboot the receiver:
When booted up....
Hit home button
Left arrow 1 time
Hit OK
Down arrow 6 times
Hit ok
Right arrow 1 time
Down arrow 1 time
Right arrow 1 time
Left arrow 1 time
Hit ok

This should take you from Pal to NTSC.

now change the settings that Radar gave you above to fit your tv.

display just went whacky. was only seeing left third of the setup pix and channel pix on a wide screen tv. so went to settings and was able to reset to factory default. then it rebooted to the blank screen. glad i found this message to finally get a pix back. thanks acwxradar and stargaze. charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts